OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

they aint wanting to play nice

Started by hootn, March 20, 2011, 10:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hootn

well after 3 days in gordo al and having birds gobbling like crazy until they hit the ground and then a few gobbling on the ground i went this morning to a place i have (small close to the house) and at 0620 i owl and he cuts me off. set up on him and then it turns out to be 4 gobblers trying to out gobbler each other.
i do a fly down and really get their attention and then i see 2 gobblers fly down themselves and start heading towards the boss gobbler to my right they came down about 80 yards from me. they were doing a little strutting but now much they go over a small ridge and then they all start going away down a creek. after about 30 minutes there is a hen above me yelping and one of the gobblers starts coming back by then i should have moved to a small green field but didnt. stupid....
i move a little a see him in the green field and i ended up getting about 50 yards from the field but he strutter is gone back down the creek. he left 2 jakes and a small hen in the field. so i am hoping these birds are gonna want to play in the morning again. cause i am planning on being in that small green field.
gobbling report so far...
wed-- 2 jakes
thrusday- 4 gobblers
friday-- 5 gobblers
sat-- 5 gobblers
today-- 4 or 5 not real sure but at least 3 but oh i digress
and i still havent been to the national forest to my honey hole.

scott

shootumindaface

dodger

he might be a prime candidate for a just flat out bushwhack...

hookedspur

Get on him, if your in the woods by yourself when he answers get up and walk away calling loud if he answers again shut down and sneak back and silent him out .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

T-town

Ours aren't either - yet. We'll get em

FttFttVroom!