OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitros???

Started by kcrowder, December 15, 2014, 11:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

Quote from: Rem Man on February 22, 2015, 06:52:30 AM
   I am no expert by any means but I have a hard time thinking that a company who sells ammo to the general public would load ammo and take a chance of hurting someone or their firearm. I see all these posts about this choke and that choke and this shell and that shell ? I wonder what hunters did when all of this high tech stuff was not around?? Well they went and killed turkeys just as dead as we do today. I know that everyone has their own opinion, but what works for some may not work for others. Good Luck to everyone this year!!!

Amen !! This gets started every year , everyone is entitled to their opinion ,but I have shot them for years with
absolutely no problems.
If I'm not shooting my handloads I'm shooting Nitros.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Bowguy

It's wonderful you use them and like them, and that you've had no problems. A neighbors gun was shortened twice. A single shot ten, not sure the make but it's not a terribly old gun. A friend or two have 835s, these are newer guns. The rounds woukd shuck out. As you said to each his own but I'll say just call em closer. It ain't worth it. Nobody is lying about damaged guns whether you have or have not had the experience

heartofdixie

Quote from: kcrowder on December 15, 2014, 11:37:21 AM
Hey guys. I'm not new to turkey hunting but new to the forum. I see alot of guys on here talking about Nitros. I shoot Remington Nitros out of my duck gun. Are these nitros that ya'll are talking about made by Remington or is Nitro the brand name of the shells?  If they are not Remington's, where do you buy them. How much are they per box? Thanks.

Just making sure you got your question answered since your thread went on a tangent pretty quickly. 

No, Rem nitros shells are NOT the same as Nitro Ammo company shells (http://nitrocompany.com/). 

Remington nitros are lead shot, they're pretty generic shells.  Nitro ammo uses a heavier than lead shot, plus some extra giddy-up.  They're bad news on a turkey, but many complaints about being over pressured.

nitro

I have lost count on how many Nitro Company shells I have fired. I have killed over 100 longbeards with their ammo. I have kept track of that.

Not one problem with the shells... not one. 
Royal Slam 2008

Dr Juice

Too much $ for me.  :turkey2:

blueridgegobbler

I wouldn't waste my money on another single nitro heck I wouldn't shoot them again if they gave them to me!!!!!! I used them for years with great results then last year I bought a box that was absolute junk Federal turkey thugs would out pattern them by a huge margin. Polished barrel clean barrel and 4 different chokes and the h321 hasn't broke 120 in a 10 yet don't know what they changed and don't care anymore this was a 3 inch 870 12 gauge. Buy you some federal hw7 or hevi 13 7s and go hunting. I have a 20 gauge 870 that gets 170 in a 10 with federal hw7 all day long.

chris30br

Quote from: blueridgegobbler on March 14, 2015, 09:14:44 PM
I wouldn't waste my money on another single nitro heck I wouldn't shoot them again if they gave them to me!!!!!! I used them for years with great results then last year I bought a box that was absolute junk Federal turkey thugs would out pattern them by a huge margin. Polished barrel clean barrel and 4 different chokes and the h321 hasn't broke 120 in a 10 yet don't know what they changed and don't care anymore this was a 3 inch 870 12 gauge. Buy you some federal hw7 or hevi 13 7s and go hunting. I have a 20 gauge 870 that gets 170 in a 10 with federal hw7 all day long.

Same here for me. They are JUNK!!! IL never buy from them again. They have Changed the load in some way and never really tested or they would have found the poor results.  I bought 75 shells from them last year after I spent hundreds of dollars with them testing and they then sent me 75 shells that did not pattern te same. Tried to blame the junk on two brand new benelli that was performing top notch on the fist batch of shells I got from nitro. The second batch of 75 woundnt do half of what before.

owlhoot

That's nuts, half as good :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy: