OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

morning sun turkey pot calls

Started by Painter, December 08, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Finally got a few new calls finished. I really like this wood.  Calls will be either slate over crystal and crystal over copper

[/URL]

VA_Birdhunter

Those are some beautiful looking calls!  Very nice!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Painter

Thanks Vabirdhunter, you have a great calls yourself.
I hunt the Toms down in Flinthill and zion Crossroads in Va. A lot of Toms have been fooled with my calls.

mgm1955

Great looking calls and strikers. Nice job!!

silverspur

That is a flock of great looking pots and strikers! :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Painter

Thanks MGM and Silver.  Appreciate the comments.

Painter

Last week I pick up the pattern for a scratch call.  Mid 1800's call a friend had been making for years.  He gave me permission to make them now. The original design of an old timer called "Old Faithful"
work great with just a small 3x3" piece of slate, but creats an unbelievable realistic trailor echo sounds of the hen when played on my pot call. 
I used rock maple, I asked my friend Keith Castel if he put a finish on his calls and he said no, finish deadens the sound a bit. I'll have to play with finishes and see what I can get out of it by tweeking the playing edges.

mgm1955

Be watching with interest to see the finished product.

Painter

This is the call Keith was making, when he took one of my pot calls and scratched on it it was like hearing that ol hen off in the woods,

Painter

turned a couple strikers today;Here is a beautiful African Blackwood  {Ebony} striker.  Pulling on the grain in Ebony takes a bit of sanding but once out and finished it looks great but sounds even better , $35.00 shipping included.

turned about 6 Purpleheart strikers today, $25. Ea. Hand rubbed Tung oil finish.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Painter

Thanks M , MGM & silver
I working on my finishing. I know know I need to get the whole package tighter. I appreciate the comments. 

VA_Birdhunter

Those strikers look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Painter

Thanks Va. I hunt in Flinthill for birds. What area in yhe state are you in.

Painter

Glass over copper, Maple Burl with roping.
$75.00