turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Hunt Video #2 3/19/2011

Started by HARDCORE, March 19, 2011, 09:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HARDCORE

Today was another good day in the turkey woods spent with my brother doing what we live to do.......TURKEY HUNT!

A few months ago Chris got the itch to video some of our hunts, with the help from a veteran videographer pointing him towards the right camera and accessories needed to produce good video, Chris (Flydown) put together the perfect rig for us to use this spring.

We have a long way to go but so far it has been a blast and I'm hooked.

For the record, we used a strutting decoy for the first time ever this week and 2 out of the 3 hunts have been a success, exciting, and very rewarding because we caught it on video. Our next goal is to take the camera with us into the woods and get it done there as well, that's where we're more comfortable anyways.

A little about today's hunt, these turkeys where 3 ridges over and at least 250 yards away from us on a gas line when they flew down. The calling is aggressive, we needed to first get their attention and then keep it.

So turn up the volume, hope you enjoy it.

doepee

another great video---man I cant wait!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Doug-Va

You all are on Fire!! Enjoyed it and keep them coming

Doug

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

a-j calls

Great hunt, and good video work...

njdevilsb

Another great video.  I'm really enjoying these guys.  Man, that first bird was hit HARD.

bird

Man you guys are killin' me here.....  :begging:

Great video and awesome double.  :smiley-char092:

Congrats Ronnie and Chris  :icon_thumright:

Oh by the way...  did you guys use the turkey totes on your walk out of there?

Al

timbrhuntr

Hee! Hee! Cool video. I did that the first time I filmed and used my strutter. They came in so fast I forgot to move the cam and blasted the leader before they got to the deke. The next time I sat back and watched the show for a bit as they flogged old tom them blasted one  ;)

LX_Trkyhntr

Great job guys!!!  The video was great!!   :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Devastator

Limbstrutter

SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

alloutdoors

Another good hunt on video, nice job guys!  :icon_thumright:

Any idea what is causing that background noise though?  Sounds like a mix between a drum roll and a couple helicopters, noticed it in the first video too.

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your birds guys!!! Nice video too!!

HARDCORE

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 19, 2011, 11:12:32 PM
Another good hunt on video, nice job guys!  :icon_thumright:

Any idea what is causing that background noise though?  Sounds like a mix between a drum roll and a couple helicopters, noticed it in the first video too.

Both of these hunts took place on a MAJOR gas line with four 40" pipes running through the ground.  The sound you are hearing is the gas being pumped.  You can actually feel it as you are standing on it.

HC