turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

last Springs bird with a twist

Started by 2eagles, December 05, 2014, 03:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Don't know why it's taken so long for me to post this. Got to start by saying I'm the UNluckiest man alive when it comes to shed hunting. I try a few times each spring and have found one. Pitiful! This picture is exactly as I found my 4th season bird this year. No setting it up or photoshop. Not a special bird or special set of sheds. This is where he died right beside the little sheds. Sure put a smile on this old mug when I saw this........

guesswho

I guess he shouldn't have walked over there to look at them. 

I may have to lay a couple out and see what happens this spring.   You may have stumbled on to something. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gooserbat

Sweet, I would rather kill one in a morel patch but nice none the less. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Gooserbat on December 05, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

Amen brother!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Tail Feathers

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Quote from: guesswho on December 05, 2014, 04:25:29 PM

I may have to lay a couple out and see what happens this spring.   You may have stumbled on to something.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mgm1955

M Sharpe

Quote from: guesswho on December 05, 2014, 04:25:29 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Keep that in mind for the organization!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

2eagles

Guess I'm kinda dense. You're going to explain what you mean about the morel patch. If you mean you'd rather shoot a turkey in the woods, I was in the woods, the birds were in the field. I watched the toms leave the timber and go to the middle of that field. Knowing deer like to return to the timber where they left, I set up and waited. Had 8 toms feeding and strutting for a long while until they decided to come back. They came back right where I thought they would. Boom! I could have let him walk all the way into the woods. That would be better, how?    :lol:.

mikejd

Quote from: 2eagles on December 07, 2014, 10:19:02 PM

Guess I'm kinda dense. You're going to explain what you mean about the morel patch. If you mean you'd rather shoot a turkey in the woods, I was in the woods, the birds were in the field. I watched the toms leave the timber and go to the middle of that field. Knowing deer like to return to the timber where they left, I set up and waited. Had 8 toms feeding and strutting for a long while until they decided to come back. They came back right where I thought they would. Boom! I could have let him walk all the way into the woods. That would be better, how?    :lol:.

Pretty sure he is saying that he is glad that you got a rise by your bird falling next to a set of sheds.

He would prefer walking over to is bird and finding a hidden Morel patch. to each his own.

El Pavo Grande

Very unique ending to a hunt.  Congrats!!

2eagles

[/quote]

He would prefer walking over to is bird and finding a hidden Morel patch. to each his own.
[/quote]

Yup, I am dense. When you explain it that way, I think he's right!

jblackburn

Quote from: 2eagles on December 07, 2014, 10:19:02 PM

I think he just meant (jokingly) instead of walking up to a dead bird by a set of sheds, he would like to see a patch of morel mushrooms.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomstopper