turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I seen them on the shelf!

Started by Rockhound, December 04, 2014, 11:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

I didn't have my phone on me but I seen a new federal turkey load on the shelf today at my local haunt.

It was a federal 3-1/2" 2 Oz.
40% hw #7
40% nickel plated flitestopper lead 6
20% copper plated 5.

I can't find crap on these shells on the Internet, maybe I should have bought a box to show off lol

jblackburn

Interesting.  I guess federal is trying to compete with Longbeards by making a load that is cheaper and (hopefully) patterns well.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Rockhound on December 04, 2014, 11:47:19 AM
I didn't have my phone on me but I seen a new federal turkey load on the shelf today at my local haunt.

It was a federal 3-1/2" 2 Oz.
40% hw #7
40% nickel plated flitestopper lead 6
20% copper plated 5.

I can't find crap on these shells on the Internet, maybe I should have bought a box to show off lol

It's called "Third Degree" and it's an attempt to copy the Magnum Blend but with mostly lead shot. The #7 is a version of Heavyweight shot, as I understand it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

owlhoot

I saw 20 dollars for five rounds of 3 1/2", price competition does not seem to be there.

jordanz7935

Thats the first i've heard of them. Does anyone know if they have the the flight control wad?

owlhoot

pretty sure i seen flight control on th box

allaboutshooting

It's 20% Flitestopper lead #6 shot, 40% plated lead #5 shot, 40% Heavyweight #7 shot and uses the Flitecontrol Wad.

It will be available in both 3" with 1.75 oz. of shot and 3.5" with 2 oz. of shot @ 1200 f.p.s.

It's supposed to sell for about $22.00 for 3" and $25.00 for 3.5" shells, in a 5 round box.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Gooserbat

I saw these back in September at a trade show in Ft Worth.  Looked interesting but I'll be honest I'm intending on coughing up the dough for htl.  I do well to shoot 10 rounds per year and when you factor all the other $$$ I spend on turkey hunting that's a pretty small piece of the pie. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Devastator

Quote from: Gooserbat on December 05, 2014, 10:33:56 AM
I saw these back in September at a trade show in Ft Worth.  Looked interesting but I'll be honest I'm intending on coughing up the dough for htl.  I do well to shoot 10 rounds per year and when you factor all the other $$$ I spend on turkey hunting that's a pretty small piece of the pie.
yep,me to fed hw'7 is the best shell ive used in all my gun's!

surehuntsalot

I like Federal shells,so I might have to give them a try
it's not the harvest,it's the chase