OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Preparing for Spring

Started by Drthorn, November 25, 2014, 10:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drthorn

With Deer season winding down here in KY, I am already looking forward to Spring. Being a teacher, I get spring break (this year first week of April). Unfortunately, this does not fall within our Spring hunting season, so I am looking for other states that are in for the first week of April. Please sound off if you are in a state, or know of a state, that is open this time of year. I am hoping to take a week long turkey spring break, just trying to find out where. Thanks.

mgm1955

hunter22

Spring Creek Calls

The NWTF website will soon publish a guide that will show dates and contact info for all states. This usually comes together shortly after the holidays. Your first week of April time frame will limit your search to the more southern states. Good luck in your search Daniel!   

Mike
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

dirt road ninja

MS, LA, TX, AL, SC, FL, and I believe Georgia as well. I'm sure there are many more, but that's what I know without looking on the web. Georgia is the only one I'm not 100% on.

davisd9

Ga opens the 23rd of march

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hs strut

Quote from: Drthorn on November 25, 2014, 10:55:37 PM
With Deer season winding down here in KY, I am already looking forward to Spring. Being a teacher, I get spring break (this year first week of April). Unfortunately, this does not fall within our Spring hunting season, so I am looking for other states that are in for the first week of April. Please sound off if you are in a state, or know of a state, that is open this time of year. I am hoping to take a week long turkey spring break, just trying to find out where. Thanks.
here in tn ours will be open april 4th till may 17th what part of ky you from drthorn
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Drthorn

Quote from: hs strut on November 26, 2014, 08:57:10 PM
Quote from: Drthorn on November 25, 2014, 10:55:37 PM
here in tn ours will be open april 4th till may 17th what part of ky you from drthorn

I am out of Hardin County, KY. About 2hrs from TN line.

hs strut

reason i ask is my dads from allen county ky
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Gamblinman

Texas - North - April 3rd

Oklahoma - April 6th
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."