OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tried woodburning on a long box

Started by KellyP, November 20, 2014, 05:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KellyP

Wanted to try something a little bigger than a striker top this time. Lid is cedar and body is sassafrass.Any thoughts,ideas or criticism (I can take it) is appreciated.Learning by trial and error. Using a Walnut Hollow burner and universal tip. Lid was first then turkey then owl. Used a poly finish after burning. I usually paint but I am enjoying learning the burner and I really like how it looks so gonna keep practicing.

Spring Creek Calls

Sure wish I could do that. Looks great!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

SS Calls

If that's learning, I wanna see something after you've been at it a while!!! That looks really good!  :icon_thumright:

pappy

Good Golly Miss Molly.........you need to write a How To book on woodburning.......super fantastic work!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

hunter22

memert116

amazing work!!   I would have burns all over myself and kept the fire department busy if I tried something like that.

mgm1955

Austy

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!  Knowing your art work I was pretty sure that when you posted a fresh box call that you got your hands on after seeing the top end of that striker that you did that it was going to be a beauty.  All I can say is you sure have an eye for the detail and must have a tremendous amount of patience as it shows in your work.  The call and the scenes that you picked for it are just down right awesome.  I look forward to seeing many more.  I only wish I had a little of your talent.  Keep up the awesome work and please continue to share with us.  You have been blessed with a gift!!!!!!

M,Yingling

Looks great ,, the lid realy stands out great detail ...Nice work
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hunter62

nice I really like the owl it cool  8)

bbcustomboxcalls

Tail Feathers

Great job! 

Only thing I noticed was no beard on that great gobbler, but I don't think you could fit one in there.

Very good work.  You have talent. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

T-Dub

A M A Z I N G !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper