OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A turkey hunter is gone

Started by Bigspurs68, November 17, 2014, 09:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigspurs68

A great friend and great turkey hunter lost his fight with cancer Sunday night. My buddy Criss Rice was a great guy, great friend great father and husband. Y'all would have been proud to have known him and would have laughed at his stories. To most of you it's just another person but we lost a turkey hunter.
  I expect him to be with me this spring. Y'all kill some for him. He'd like that. I'm gonna miss my buddy. The turkeys, will surely not.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Spring Creek Calls

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know you and the girls will put some to sleep in his honor.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Deputy 14

Hate to hear that man. My condolences. The one thing that you always have is the memories and time spent, it'll give you an extra reason to smile every time you put your hands on a gobbler.

mgm1955

Sorry for your lost friend and condolences to his family.

The Cohutta Strutter

Quote from: Deputy 14 on November 18, 2014, 12:39:15 AM
Hate to hear that man. My condolences. The one thing that you always have is the memories and time spent, it'll give you an extra reason to smile every time you put your hands on a gobbler.
X2...
Anybody seen America lately?

tomstopper

Sorry for your loss. My condolences and prayers will be sent for his family and friends.  :cross2: :bible:

VA_Birdhunter

Sorry for your loss!  Prays r being sent for u and his family!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on November 17, 2014, 09:24:08 PM
  A great friend and great turkey hunter lost his fight with cancer Sunday night. My buddy Criss Rice was a great guy, great friend great father and husband. Y'all would have been proud to have known him and would have laughed at his stories. To most of you it's just another person but we lost a turkey hunter.
  I expect him to be with me this spring. Y'all kill some for him. He'd like that. I'm gonna miss my buddy. The turkeys, will surely not.

I am saddened to hear of the loss of your friend. I have said a prayer for you and his family.

I have a friend who has passed that never fails to come to my mind when I make my way to the turkey woods and I hope it's always that way.

Keep him in your thoughts and he'll never truly be gone.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Tail Feathers

Godspeed Criss.

My condolences on the loss of your friend.  Prayers of peace and comfort for his friends and family. :jesus-cross:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

stone road turkey calls

My condolences on the loss of your friend.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

firedup

RIP old turkey hunter.  Enjoy the land of eternal spring and willing gobblers! He will be with you in spirit every trip! ;D

silvestris

I completely understand your pain.  I am so glad I told my dear friend, Kenny Morgan, that I loved him a week before he passed.  He hunts with me now every time I go, and he gives me both comfort and confidence.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Muzzy61

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

mwr

He'll be with you every spring :mycross: