Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You have $40 to buy a new pot call.....what do you buy?

Started by GomerPyle, November 13, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpaholic

Quote from: Gamblinman on January 23, 2015, 05:01:08 PM
Quote from: yelpaholic on January 23, 2015, 09:27:48 AM
Quote from: Gooserbat on November 13, 2014, 05:42:22 PM
Well not to toot my own horn but...

well don't then......let other folks brag on your calls..  just saying

Having a bad day? LOL

Gman

LOL . My bad, my apologies.   Toot away.....

Crappiepro

Im really surprised no said anything about "Mike Yingling" .
That guy make's a really good call for the money!

tomstopper

Quote from: Crappiepro on January 24, 2015, 09:39:32 AM
Wow do I agree... Just got a copper one from him today in the mail and it's perfect. Can't wait to use it this spring....

chatterbox

Lots of good ones out there, that's for sure!
I have calls from Lights out, Andy Kaiser, and Joe Slaton, just to name a few, and they have all increased my success in the spring woods, but I agree with Donald. I am going to have to pull the trigger on a Lonnie Sneed hot hen. Been flirting with the idea, but I think I will have to add that one this spring!

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

SCGobbler

I just bought a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen.  After hearing it I think its going to be a game changer.  I couldn't be happier!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

PALongspur

I'm going to agree with a fellow Pennsylvanian, Mr. WildTigerTrout on the Cody II slate. It's been around a long time now but it's still a solid option, in fact I still carry one of mine occasionally.

My other choice would be a glass or aluminum from Mark at Mac Turkey Calls. He's a good buddy of mine who has been making calls for years but only recently started trying to sell a few. Now he can't get himself out of the shop! He makes a killer hunting call.

BOFF

Quote from: Crappiepro on January 24, 2015, 09:39:32 AM

I couldn't agree more.

Mike is a quality guy who builds some awesome looking and sounding calls!!

His customer service is top notch!!

God Bless,
David B.

ncturkey

I to have a had some good luck with my slate caller from SS Custom Calls. It is a great $40.00 call.

ncturkey

But am going to get me a Joe Slaton caller next. And who knows I meant even get me one of them Sneed calls too.

indianstick

I just ordered a couple slate calls from Mr. Lonnie sneed today and I have to say, he's probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever talk to. He went on and on about life, turkey hunting and his late wife who you could tell, loved more than anything in this world!!! Buy his call and you wont regret it.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

ridgerunner

I like Prairie Game calls Hackberry Slate/glass call. Best sounding slate call I've heard, although I may have to try one of Lonnie Sneed"s Hot Hen calls now. Always looking for a good sounding pot call.

Triple B

Quote from: slamman on November 17, 2014, 07:18:43 PM
dang looks like the Sneed family will have a good Christmas.  ;D
He is a one man show so it takes him time to fill orders.Plus once turkey season gets here,you can forget about getting a call from him because Lonnie is out killing turkeys.
I would pay alot more for his calls than he charges for them.One phone conversation with him,which I have had the good forune of many of those calls,is all it takes.
If I lived closer I would be at his back door on a regular basis just to visit with him.He truly is a class act.

Turkeyman62

Quote from: ncturkey on January 26, 2015, 10:43:22 PM
I to have a had some good luck with my slate caller from SS Custom Calls. It is a great $40.00 call.

Outstanding caller Al  :gobble:
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..