OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Talk about a slap in the face!

Started by pappy, October 29, 2014, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

What you see is a sheet of paper with my name and the name of my neighbors mailed to us from Jefferson Missouri, showing our voting practices as percentages. Now I do not know about you, but I think the Missouri politicians have gone just a little overboard. It is MY right to vote and it is my right how I vote, it is not their right (politicians) to use this information to intimidate me or others so they can further their agenda. As a fact of the matter, I vote when I please and how I please, that is my Constitutional right as an American Citizen.   Believe me when I say I am going to contact these folks, and raise some eyebrows with my comments and you can bet your bottom dollar I won't be getting another update from them on my voting practices.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Spring Creek Calls

Please keep us informed Jack. I'd love to hear where this "report card" originated. Sounds like a someone is trying to shame people into voting.

Mike
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ol bob

guesswho

I'd probably get downgraded to an F after that!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stone road turkey calls

Looks like you and Bobo were out fishing on the same day.  :TooFunny:
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

mgm1955

That's outrageous. Anyone who thinks we live in the free society our forefathers intended had better reconsider what is going on in this country right now. Living in MO I'd be curious if this kind of information is being published statewide. If it is I'll make sure my percentage gets to and stays at 100% until I help vote out every politician and judge responsible for this out of office.

tomstopper

:turkey2:
Quote from: guesswho on October 29, 2014, 03:36:45 PM
I'd probably get downgraded to an F after that!
My thought exactly. Can't trust the politicians.....

BowBendr

They are doing it in NC as well Jack.
It is a deliberate attempt to shame people into A.) voting, and B.) voting Democrat

This election cycle in NC has been the most ruthless, evil and mean-spirited thing I've ever witnessed in all my years. It's absolute poison from a bunch of Lawyers in both parties that don't give a rats arse about anyone.....pitiful......

nativeks

You can tell Republicans are scared in Kansas. The wife and I both vote but claim no party. Every night our mailbox is filled with political mail. Too bad the current guys have destroyed Kansas and Kansans aren't in much of a mood to reelect incumbents.

Tail Feathers

I'd give them a piece of my mind too Pappy.  >:(Tell 'em! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

SCGobbler

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on October 29, 2014, 04:00:26 PM
Looks like you and Bobo were out fishing on the same day.  :TooFunny:

:TooFunny:  I was thinking the same thing!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

silvestris

In Louisiana a voter's history is available.  It can help a candidate determine who actually votes and where to spend their resources.  However to publish that information to one's neighbors is shameful and a dumb thing for a candidate to do.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

SinGin

Which canidate mailed this to you and what are they running for?

pappy

Update............this was mailed out by a conservative group not any single politician, after contacting them, they admitted this information is public accessible, just not in this form. They apologized if there were any "shameful" results, but that they were planning to send out the same content again next year IF this campaign proved to be successful...."the intention was to remind voters of their commitment, not to embarrass anyone." Give me a break!!!!! I am still upset and my neighbors are just as upset, it is an invasion of our privacy, our constitutional right to our private lives was definitely invaded and posted in this manner to shame us to run to the voting polls.......you know what it really did? It has caused us to rethink our Government's role, at the cost of our freedoms.....pappy 
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

davisd9

I think that accountability is no a bad thing. May find a better way to do it. We expect to keep our politicians accountable so shouldn't the voters also be held accountable?

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer