turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What camo for spring?

Started by MACHINIST, October 10, 2014, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACHINIST

I am liking the Predator spring green and green deception but am wondering about ASAT.Give me your opinion please

Tail Feathers

Whichever one appeals to your eye and your wallet.  If you do everything else right, it doesn't matter.
I thought Mossy Oak Shadow Leaf was about perfect for spring around here.  We have a lot of understory, even in early season and the treebark looking background with splashes of spring green was perfect.
I usually use MO Obsession or Realtree Xtra green here in the south.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Spring Creek Calls

In my opinion, any camo with green and brown leaf patterns will work. Any major retailer will have plenty to look over and decide.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mgm1955

Mossy Oak Obsession or Realtree Xtra HD

30_06

I like ASAT. Really does work well in all terrain. Have used it from east to west with good results.

Gooserbat

I just wear whatever but I do tend to keep with the "spring green" theme.  Coincidentally this past spring I wore multicam BDU pants and they were flawless...
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bigspurs68

Just pick something you like and be still when it matters....that's all that matters.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

MACHINIST

I understand be still aspect and I do.Just wanted some opinions

Bigspurs68

I do like the predator green deception. It looks like it would blend well under most conditions.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Cut N Run

M.O. Bottomland works well for me.  Being still and using shadows & natural cover to your advantage are what makes any camo perform the best.  Good luck in whatever you go with.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Shoregobbler

Just stick with the Predator Green deception and Spring Green. Its the best out there.

tomstopper

I start out the season wearing Realtree extra (green) but by the end of the season I mix and match based on what's clean. The most important thing is just to be extremely still......

nativeks

Natural Gear for all my hunting year round.

Chris Downs

There are really only two patterns I like at all and use for everything...Mossy Oak Bottomland and Natural Gear. 

Swampchickin234

Quote from: Chris Downs on October 23, 2014, 09:40:29 AM
There are really only two patterns I like at all and use for everything...Mossy Oak Bottomland and Natural Gear.
^^
Mossy oak bottomland and obsession and nat gear.  I like them all and have them all but bottomland is my facirite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk