OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A very small world

Started by allaboutshooting, October 06, 2014, 10:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

As many of you know, we just moved to Simpsonville, South Carolina. We joined a local church and found that 2 of the members there knew my best 2 boyhood friends in Richmond, Kentucky, where they'd lived before moving here.

This weekend we were in Edgefield, SC at the still target shoot and learned that one of the shooters who now lives in Ohio, grew up just a few miles from our place in Southern Illinois. He and Doris know many of the same people and the road closest to our home there was named after his ancestors.

My sister just moved to Murray, Kentucky and the current president of Murray State University is the best high school football player I've ever seen. I saw him run back a kick-off from the end zone for a touchdown, as well as some of the best runs I've ever seen. We have not seen each other in over 40 years but well remember each other.

What a small world it really is. Do you have similar stories?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mgm1955

I was fortunate enough to take my family on vacation to Europe this summer. While in Paris ran into a friend who lives in the same town and just happened to be across the Atlantic at the same time as us.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mgm1955 on October 06, 2014, 11:23:58 PM
I was fortunate enough to take my family on vacation to Europe this summer. While in Paris ran into a friend who lives in the same town and just happened to be across the Atlantic at the same time as us.

Isn't that amazing?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mgm1955

It never seems to fail that no matter where I go I either run into someone I know or a friend of a friend.