Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

He gets a pass with Muzzleloader & Rifle but not with the bow !

Started by vaturkey, October 02, 2014, 10:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Got several pics of this buck. Our bow season opens this Sat. Hope he shows up in daylight hours !
Vaturkey

WV Ridge Reaper

mgm1955

pappy

LOL....I see you are up to your old tricks again...got that buck statute out of you garage didn't ya? LOL love you my friend.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

tomstopper

beagler

Never Misses

Gooserbat

Now I'm not trying to start a dispute, and I have to ask because I've never understood why a buck is to small and gets a pass with a gun or smoke pole but not a bow?

A shooter is a shooter in my book, and if I'm not going to be happy with it with one weapon then I'm sure I won't with another.  :z-twocents:

Never the less that's a nice looking deer, and I hope your season work out for the best.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

2eagles

I agree with G-bat, but man, if you have a tag and a good shot, take him!
I see the same thing happen when ice fishing.  Fish too small in the summertime become big enough to keep when caught through the ice.  Now, I realize many of you guys don't even know what ice fishing is.  Google it!  If you don't know what ice fishing is, I wish I lived where you do.

Redfish

John 3:16

vaturkey

Quote from: Gooserbat on October 04, 2014, 12:00:07 PM
Now I'm not trying to start a dispute, and I have to ask because I've never understood why a buck is to small and gets a pass with a gun or smoke pole but not a bow?

A shooter is a shooter in my book, and if I'm not going to be happy with it with one weapon then I'm sure I won't with another.  :z-twocents:

Never the less that's a nice looking deer, and I hope your season work out for the best.

There is alot more of a challenge to kill that buck with a bow ! As you know you gotta get him in close to kill him !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Gooserbat

Quote from: vaturkey on October 05, 2014, 11:24:24 AM
Quote from: Gooserbat on October 04, 2014, 12:00:07 PM

There is alot more of a challenge to kill that buck with a bow ! As you know you gotta get him in close to kill him !  :icon_thumright:

Oh I know I bowhunt almost exclusively.  I might pick up s gun only  3 or 4 times each season.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nativeks

Hope you get him. :icon_thumright:

Always interesting to see shooters in other areas.