News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

GPS

Started by Moore, September 19, 2014, 09:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

GPS
I'm think I'm  going to get a gps hunting and fishing. what are some good models that wont bust the bank and what should I look for in one
[

Swampchickin234

My family has 3 garmins.  Don't let me lyin but 2 are the vista somethins.  There blue. Think they were about 200 and try have done great for us.  I can't say the model of the other one but its big and has the color screen and all that.  I like the small ones best though.  Apologies for not being able to say what models exactly, but they har been great for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

Garmin...only way to go.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

socalturkeyman

:angel2: EyE
Quote from: Gamblinman on October 04, 2014, 09:50:43 AM
Garmin...only way to go.

Gman

I agree garmin all the way. I would get one of the ones that has a rechargeable battery. Not the one that you put double A`s into. Only reason is that they come with a car charger.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

mgm1955

Tail Feathers

Everyone says Garmin.
My buddy has a low end Garmin and my 12 year old Magellan is easier to use.
I think most of the name brands are pretty good.  Go with the features, size and price you want and enjoy.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gunslinger1

Garmin 60 CSX does a lot and they can be found on the web used for under 200.00 with maps. There is on ADV rider now. They are used a lot for remote motorcycle travel as well as general GPS walking duty

30_06

Garmin etrex20 works well for me. Good battery life, nice color screen, intuitive to use, finds satellites quickly, and plenty of memory.

savduck

Quote from: Gunslinger1 on October 05, 2014, 07:11:48 AM
Garmin 60 CSX does a lot and they can be found on the web used for under 200.00 with maps. There is on ADV rider now. They are used a lot for remote motorcycle travel as well as general GPS walking duty

This
Georgia Boy

grayfox

I've been using a Garmin Oregon 450 for about 2 years & an Oregon 200 before that.  I use mine for hunting & vacations.  Only negative is it can be hard to see the screen in sunlight.  You can also get free topo maps off the internet for them.  Easy to use & customize for your personal needs.  Great GPS's in my opinion. 

Byhalia

Quote from: grayfox on October 11, 2014, 01:46:28 PM
I've been using a Garmin Oregon 450 for about 2 years & an Oregon 200 before that.  I use mine for hunting & vacations.  Only negative is it can be hard to see the screen in sunlight.  You can also get free topo maps off the internet for them.  Easy to use & customize for your personal needs.  Great GPS's in my opinion.

+1
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

The Cohutta Strutter

The Garmin Oregon 600 is getting great reviews as well. I've pondered getting one myself but may wait til the first of the year to see what new may be released. Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?