turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

new encore project

Started by paladin, March 19, 2011, 02:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paladin

I sold my encore to my brother on opening day so I began my replacement on Monday.
As of friday morning, the dealer on gunbroker has the check for the gun and the barrel,
a new Burris FFII is being shipped, a green"vero venilli" sling and camo buttstock shellholder
are shipped from another company and I found some plastic swivels I like and a camo scope base that I think will work in my supplies. I also bought a new prohunter flextech camo stock. so I will have a standard stock to sell ....all for .83 cents under budget!

Here is my question. How is the recoil pad on the flextech? Is it a limbsaver or as good as one?
Or is this a hard rubber one like on the regular stocks?
"have gun-will travel"

J Gilbert

I believe the recoil pad is a Limbsaver, I'm not 100% that it's branded as one but I know it's a thick one that gives you plenty of recoil protection, it won't need to be replaced

TScottW99

Congrats!  My new turkey thumper is on a T/C Pro-Hunter frame and stock.  The recoil pad sure feels like a limbsaver pad but unsure of the exact brand. 
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

bowhunter84

on a 300 win mag the flex tech stock was nice!!!!

jtharpe

It is a limbsavor on the flextec stock.
I would be willing to bet that it is still going to rock you in a 12 guage though :help:

RutStrut

That is why my T/C encore Turkey 12 ga is for sale.  That recoil is a bear and not something I want to experience ever again.  I loved everything about that gun but the kick or should I say pounding.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: RutStrut on March 21, 2011, 04:47:17 PM
That is why my T/C encore Turkey 12 ga is for sale.  That recoil is a bear and not something I want to experience ever again.  I loved everything about that gun but the kick or should I say pounding.
I really like mine. When I pattern it I use a lead sled. I'll take a little pounding for the compactness,great patterns, and light weight when out turkey hunting and then your only shooting one shell once in awhile. :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

swampy

I dont know about the encore but i shoot a nef 3 1/2 12 gauge thats ive cut every ounce of weight out of. It now weigh's 6 lbs exactly with a weaver mount, mueller sight, ic choke, and a sling . I was totally surprised at how much difference a tactical stock, limbsaver recoil pad, and most of all barrel porting made. Call me crazy but it kicks less than my 28 in 870 which is 8 lbs. I would highly reccomend porting your barrel. I used to barely be able to hold onto the nef and now i only have about 4 to 6 inches of barrel jump. 28 ports 1/8in per hole is what mine is should be a ballpark figure if you consider it.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

TScottW99

Swampy,

Who did your porting work for you?
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

paladin

Got the gun in today.
I replaced the stock.
The thumbhole  flextech does feel like a limbsaver.
The bore needs polishing and the choke was froze.
Choke came out and cleaned up good.
"have gun-will travel"

hookedspur

:anim_25: I have one in a 20 and love it .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

paladin

Cleaned to gun, installed buttstock shell holder,sling,TC Maxima base,burris fastfire and gen2 protector.
I had to do some file work on the bases to make it fit but now it is "good to go".
It is ready for the range.
"have gun-will travel"

coachmitchel

TauntoHawk

Agreed, need some pics of this beast
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>