OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Advice For A New Bow

Started by tomstopper, August 18, 2014, 02:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

Take a look at Bear. They make some very nice bows that are reasonably priced and have some great features. Might want to check again on the Parker lifetime warranty. I hear they've changed it.

tomstopper

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have talked to some bow dealers around my area and have some appointments to shoot a variety this weekend. I will let you know what I decide. Thanks again.

sbbow

What feels good in your hand before during and after the shot.  :z-twocents:

land cruiser

Solocam, but nothing else felt good and I have shoulder injuries. 

lonnie sneed jr.

I shoot a Hoyt spider 34. But if I were you I would go to several different shops and hold them and thin shoot the ones that fit good in you hand. A bow filling good and fitting is everything when it comes to shooting good. About all your major brand bows are good ones, buy what fills good in your hand.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

Wingbone

I was in the market for a new bow after being out of the archery game for 15 years. I shot a couple Hoyts and PSEs and actually settled on a Diamond Outlaw. Read several reviews on the Bowtech/Diamond lines and I'll admit, it's a great bow. Accurate and fast. And I got it set up exactly how I want it for $850. Just a thought, you might look into them as well.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

captpete

Lots of good quality bows out there. I shoot an '08 Bowtech & '06 Hoyt...been thinking of upgrading, but these do everything I need them to. Personally I would stay away from the "kits". If you have a $800 budget, spend a little less on the bow and get better accessories. To me, a good rest & sight can make a difference in how a bow shoots. You don't need a $200 sight, but I would shy away from one that costs $20.....just my opinion.

Jim K

If I were to buy one now, and I've been real tempted, I would go with the Elite. A very impressive shooter.

TrackeySauresRex

JMO
All good tips here. Make sure your fitted for proper fourm is a big one.
In the past I've had Browning's and Mathew's.
I shoot a low end Hoyt now.(Super Hawk)  it has a cam and a half and has 75% let off. That bow is four years old and I shoot it well. I'm ready for a new one as well  ;D
Now that Im a little older I will sacrafice some speed. I'd get a solo cam with an easy roll over and an 80%er in the let off dept.
The new Bears are nice. My son shoots one and always has. There not as expensive as some of the higher end stuff, and I beleive the quality is there. A  good drop away rest, quiver, carbon arrows,stabilizer,fiber optic sight,and your on you way. All in your price range. Take photos post em up. Good luck in choosing.
:anim_25:
B-Well 
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."