Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

LOUISIANA GOBBLER PUT TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by TANK, March 18, 2011, 11:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

Go get him, Tank. Good luck with the stalk..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Rio Fan

Good luck, I hope you drop the hammer on him!

Cove

HogBiologist

The wife and I scored!  A jake each.  A opening day double and my wifes first kill.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

TANK

Hunted all day yesterday. I set up on the food plot well before daylight, and at 8:00 still no turkey................I haven't seen him til yet! Did get busted around 10:00 by one that looked like he had a 2 litter Coke bottle tied from his chest. I am headed back out know. Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!

handcannon

TANK

Got him roosted again this evening.........I had him at 25 steps after calling him 3oo yards with my wingbone. I set up in a 3 way intersection of a road, against the wrong tree. I was on the edge of a river bank. The turkey started the last few steps 3 different times and was turned back each time by a airboat going up and down the river.......... he flew up at 7:42 in a red oak. After dark I made sure of his location, then cleaned out my new ambush point for in the morning. I was almost 9:00 getting to the truck. We'll see what tomorrow holds.........

northwoodshntr

socalturkeyman

Good Luck TANK I hope you get that old bird! :z-guntootsmiley:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

nctrkyhntr

TANK

He went to Heaven this morning at about 7:50. He played the game perfectly, just took his time on the way to me. He gobbled about 75 times. I had to move my gun about 4 inches, and he seen me and ran. A load of Hevi Blends hit him in the back of the head at 30 steps, and rolled him in 3 somersaults! I got some cool pic's but don't know how to download 'em. 18 1/2 lbs, 10 3/4 beard, 7/8 spurs.

vicksburg

]