turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M2???? Need Help

Started by Rem Man, August 17, 2014, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rem Man

Hello guys I recently purchased a Benelli M2 20 gauge with a 26 inch barrel. I love the gun!! but it shoots right about 6 inches. The gun shoots straight with the stock chokes. I purchased a Sumtoy and it does 138-145 with HW 7 which I am happy with but as stated to the right. I purchased a Carlson .580 and the choke shoots POA POI but only puts up 75 in a 10 inch. I am in a bind because I was hoping to use the gun for turkey and small game and didn't want to put an optic or adj sights on it. The gun has been deep cleaned and shot from a bench. If I look at all of my targets I shot they are very consistant as to POA POI. I guess my question is what would you recommend? THANKS!!!

drenalinld

It's odd to me that the Carlson shot dead on. Have you talked to William about it? I put adjustable fiber optic sights on mine. They are very light weight and very bright. You have me thinking though. I need to try my Kicks choke and see if it shoots high and left like my Sumtoy. Also, try your factory full with the HW 7's. You may be surprised. My #'s with Sumtoy choke were similar to yours. 140 - 160.

PALongspur

I can't believe you only got 75 with the Carlson's. It might be worth giving Scott Carlson a call and telling him, you might have possibly got a bad choke.

I bought the same gun a few weeks back and that is the first turkey choke I plan on buying. Several other OG members have alot of good to say about the M2/Carlson's combo.

reynolds243

Yeah 75 is as low as I've ever heard!  Good talking to you the other day brother feel free to call again if you ever need anything

Rem Man

Thanks for all the help! Jamey nice talking to you to! Do you guys think I may have had a bad shell? I only fired one shell through the Carlson. I never had a hw shoot that low???

USMC0331

Not sure about the Carlson's, as for the Benelli, I have had many and own a couple of them , all of which required either adjustable sights or some type of optic.

reynolds243

Quote from: USMC0331 on August 20, 2014, 12:20:40 AM
Not sure about the Carlson's, as for the Benelli, I have had many and own a couple of them , all of which required either adjustable sights or some type of optic.

i have 2 (SBE2 and M2 20) and both shoot POA on mine with a variety of chokes. maybe i just got lucky.

USMC0331

i have 2 (SBE2 and M2 20) and both shoot POA on mine with a variety of chokes. maybe i just got lucky.
Yes you did and I can assure you I'm Happy for  you . I have SBE,  not the SBEII, the older M90, and M1. I have not tried the newer one's since I put adjustable sights on the current inventory.

reynolds243

so your saying benellis usually always need optics or sights at least in your experience but you don't have any experience with the newer model benellis like the one the OP is working with?

SERIOUSLY not trying to pick a fight or be disrespectful especially with a military man (assuming based on user name) just trying to be fair to benelli in general is all.  I know more then a few guys shooting M2 20 gauges with no issues with POA as well as a few other guys with SBE2s and Vinci's

USMC0331

I'm not upset at all. I love Benelli shotguns. They are easy to operate and maintain. Unfortunately, myself and several of my friends have the older ones and spent a lot of money on different choke tubes the factory shims to try and shoot poa and poi for turkey hunting and in the end we had to go to adjustable sights. I still have my old ones and based upon many on here having success with the new M2 I 'm thinking about buying one for my son. At this time I do not own the newer ones . A lot of people on here have said they were dead on(New models) I would call and talk to Sumtoy . I have contacted him in the past on what shotgun and choke would be good for my son and he was very helpful and as soon as I decide on the shotgun I will be buying a choke from him. You could also contact allaboutshooting here on  the forum as he is very knowledgeable on Benelli shotguns.