turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli Super Black Eagle II

Started by Weatherby5, March 18, 2011, 10:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weatherby5

Just bought a sbe II and wondering what choke i should go with, jelleyhead, or indian creek or what

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Weatherby5 on March 18, 2011, 10:57:34 PM
Just bought a sbe II and wondering what choke i should go with, jelleyhead, or indian creek or what

First of all congratulations, you've purchased a fine gun that should give you a lifetime of great service.

There are all kinds of chokes that will work well for you with that gun. Lately, I've been shooting the Hevi-13 chokes, Pure Gold, a couple others and the Wright's #3 with the Benelli barrels. They all do well.

I've been shooting a lot of 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot with those guns and with those chokes. I'm seeing excellent patterns at 40 yards.

I would encourage you to deep clean the bore, prior to shooting that gun and then have fun with it.

All my best as well in the upcoming turkey season.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

hookedspur

Good one !! I would pick from 3 Rhino 660 IC 660-665 PG 665 buy you know they are all a little different you will have to try them to see which one your gun likes best  :anim_25:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Borden811

Mine patterns excellent with the jelly head, and hevi 6 or 7's in the 2.25oz offering

nyhunter

mine pattern's best with a I.C .665. If I can ever get a hold of Rob Roberts from gobbler gun I might try one of his choke's.

Mailman

I get great numbers out of the IC .665
One Shot One Kill

Weatherby5

anyone have any other choke ideas

Hay Flats

I have a IC .665 that shoots very well but I have an Comp-N-Choke .658 XXX that out shoots the IC with just about every shell I have tried, The
C-N-C does much better with lead than the IC. The C-N-C shoots the tightest patterns that gun has ever fired and I have tried .660-.665 IC tubes.

Kurt

mudhen

I'm using a Jellyhead .660 & 3" Magnum Blends this year.  I get 240 +- in the 12" at 38 yards with that set-up, and I am pleased with that.  With the 3", the gun is actually pleasant to shoot....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Hay Flats on March 20, 2011, 10:34:28 PM
I have a IC .665 that shoots very well but I have an Comp-N-Choke .658 XXX that out shoots the IC with just about every shell I have tried, The
C-N-C does much better with lead than the IC. The C-N-C shoots the tightest patterns that gun has ever fired and I have tried .660-.665 IC tubes.

Kurt

The CNC XXXF is probably the best lead choke on the market that I have shot! A friend has one in a 870 26" 12ga 3" Magnum. Smokes em at 50 with Winchester #5's.

GobblinNC

PALongspur

Keep trying to get in touch with Rob, it'll be worth your effort. I'm shooting a Final Strut choke in my SBEII.

01Foreman400

Quote from: PALongspur on February 17, 2012, 06:18:58 AM
Keep trying to get in touch with Rob, it'll be worth your effort. I'm shooting a Final Strut choke in my SBEII.

There are a lot of other companies out there that make awesome chokes that have great customer service.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

nyhunter

I went with a final strut .665 last year with H-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7's it will put 280's in a ten in circle. With H-13 3.5" 2.25oz #6's it will put 180's in a 10" circle. I would also highly recommend a SUMTOY. He's a very honest ,no bull guy. I have tried jellyhead .660, comp n choke xxx.658, I.c .665, Pure- gold .670. None of those did any where as good as the F.S . Rob worked with me sending me 4 chokes to shoot, compare head to head, and choose the one i liked best. After talking with SUMTOY there's no doubt he will work with you till your happy.

K9Doc

What Nyhunter said!   :z-winnersmiley:
Sumtoy in the forums seems to be standup guy and making quality tubes.
Rob Roberts @ Gobblers Guns Final Strut Tubes
Rhino is a good choke, but due to his arrogance and poorer customer service I will not purchase his products anylonger.
Benelli has a smaller bore than most guns.  You can choke them down tighter than most other guns.
I have excellent Patterns with a Final Strut .640 tube shooting both Federal Hvywt. 7s and Hevi 13 #7s.   
Good Luck with Ur choice.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.