OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo Pro Dipping in GA

Started by goblr77, August 15, 2014, 07:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

I'm not one to publicly bash a company but I think I need to share this to save anyone else the trouble I had with them. I sent a beretta xtrema to Camo Pro back in April to get dipped in MO bottomland. Jode said the gun would be dipped and shipped back within two weeks. Two weeks later I haven't seen my gun. One month goes by and I haven't seen my gun. I call and Jode tells me he had issues with the receiver and the gun will ship out the following Monday. No problem. A couple weeks go by and still no gun. I call again and get told another lie. My gun is supposedly ready and will ship the next Monday. Two months later and still no gun. I called several times and talked to another guy there and he said they had problems with the receiver and had to blast it back down and redip it again. Now, 4 months since I shipped it to them, still no gun. I called Jode and talked pretty stern to him demanding my gun back this week. He gave excuses about not being able to get film and told me I should be understanding because all his other customers were. I did everything I could to bite my tongue on that. He finally called me this morning and assured me my gun would be waiting on me when I got home. Sure enough it was. The dip job looked great. On the inside, my gun is ruined. They blasted the plating off the bottom of the bolt. The spring and barrel lug are rusted terribly. The inside of the barrel has horrible rust spots that are through the chrome lining. I called Jode to explain that my barrel was ruined and he just said that was part of the process. I asked why he couldn't simply oil the gun and barrel after dipping and he said he did too many guns and didn't have time for that. He didn't offer to give me a refund or replace my barrel. He simply said he was sorry. This company is terrible.

reynolds243

WV Ridge Reaper

That's a shame...I got burnt by a dipper once and learned my lesson.

Can you post a pic of the dip it self?

goblr77

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on August 15, 2014, 07:37:23 PM
That's a shame...I got burnt by a dipper once and learned my lesson.

Can you post a pic of the dip it self?

The outside looks good. The third pic is another rust pitted spot through the chrome lining. I polished on it with a wire brush and electric drill and this is the best I could do with it. The barrel probably has 20 spots worse than this in it.

Longshanks

Wow! That's the worst I've heard of..that is one incredible shooting gun as well. Man..I don't think I would do too well with that. Hope they make it right somehow. Will surely cost them some business if they don't. Think I'm gonna throw up now.

goblr77

Quote from: Longshanks on August 15, 2014, 09:53:52 PM
Wow! That's the worst I've heard of..that is one incredible shooting gun as well. Man..I don't think I would do too well with that. Hope they make it right somehow. Will surely cost them some business if they don't. Think I gonna throw up now.

He won't make it right. I'm physically sick over this. That gun is ruined unless I replace the barrel.

gatrkyhntr70

Really hate to see this happened: horrible service and care of a customers product! People need to be aware of it. Thanks for letting us know about it.
Hope there is someway you get the barrel replaced.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Bigfoot

did you happen to pay with a credit card?  The credit card company will fight for you and try to get your money back.  Also, a call to the better business might help too.

hunter22

Since you live in Georgia I believe a visit to the gentleman would be in order. No way his business can just screw your gun up and not be accountable. I know they tell you up front they are not responsible for scopes leaking but I have never seen anything stating they are not responsible for the guns they dip.

snapper1982

This is what small claims court is for. Take his azz to the wringer! What is with all these bad dippers. There is a thread on archery talk about one too.

Twowithone

Had a Lymans GPR dipped and this guy really screwed it up. Filed a complaint with the New York BBB and they took his side I even furnished pics to the BBB. If your a paying member to the BBB they'll back you and the customer loses. Well needless to say his company is on a thread in Traditional Muzzleloading site. Yes you have high hopes of it coming back looking great and when I received my muzzy I was sick, he wouldn't make it straight and I decicded to go the BBB way and lost. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

trkehunr93

Had a friend use a company here in VA dip his old Winchester 1200 and he missed 5 turkey's with it before he realized that his choke was screwed up somehow due to the dipping process.  He sent it to rhino and they installed a great aftermarket choke for him but that should not have happened.  I camoed one of my guns and just went the vinyl do it yourself route.  That way the faults on me.  Lot cheaper too!  Sorry for the poor customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey_slayer

Quote from: trkehunr93 on August 17, 2014, 07:23:52 PM
Had a friend use a company here in VA dip his old Winchester 1200 and he missed 5 turkey's with it before he realized that his choke was screwed up somehow due to the dipping process.  He sent it to rhino and they installed a great aftermarket choke for him but that should not have happened.  I camoed one of my guns and just went the vinyl do it yourself route.  That way the faults on me.  Lot cheaper too!  Sorry for the poor customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Name of company?

king strut

I am sorry to here that, but I hope everyone learns from this. Its a shame that things like that happens, I think they should at least bought you new replacement parts and gave you your money back for the job. There are good places and bad in every business. I have helped my friend who lives local here dip some of my turkey calls and he has done several guns for me and my turkey hunting friends. He does wonderful work and it is a father  / son owned business. There names are Kevin & Cody Baugher and they are located in Chambersburg, PA. The name of there business is Liquid Illusions 1451 Lincoln Way E, Chambersburg, PA 17202
(717) 504-8369 www.liquidillusions.net These guys are about the best you can find very honest and very respectful. They can dip everything from a golf cart in size and down. I also have a golf cart that they dipped in camo for me as well.

reynolds243

Quote from: georgiaboy83 on August 18, 2014, 10:50:30 PM
Funny ya know there's always 2 sides to a story, but to cut this short you said you wouldn't  send it back so we could make it right! And a barrel won't rust and put from just water in that shirt period of a time! But again I will say it will be made right, we have never had any issues dealing with customers! Myles I will call you tomorrow, I will not my business ran in the dirt and slandered towards when we haven't even had the chance todo anything about the situation!

Just got real up in here hahah