turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mero and Hudson trumpets

Started by alloutdoors, August 13, 2014, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alloutdoors

Haven't posted many calls lately but I just picked up a new toy for photographing small objects and had to try it out. These are a couple of recent acquisitions. The Mero is one I contacted Brian about a couple months ago, but we were waiting until he got some premium snakewood in. It was worth the wait! The 2nd call is one Richard posted on here not too far back. Like I told him, getting one of his trumpets has been on my "to do" list and this one was too nice to pass up! Both sound as good as they look.

savduck

you have no idea how jealous I am. Ryan those are sweet man. Congrats. PS the camera work is outstanding.
Georgia Boy

outdoors

MAN  O MAN THAT SNAKEWOOD IS   A W E S O M E   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Austy

They are both beauties and I would have to agree that the snakewood was worth the wait, it's a beauty.  Congrats on two beautiful call which I am sure are stuffed full of turkeys.  Beautiful job also on the photos because I am sure that the photos really help enhance the beauty of both of those calls.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Gorgeous trumpets and very professional looking photographs.  Tell us about the new photography toy.

alloutdoors

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on August 13, 2014, 09:09:26 PM
Tell us about the new photography toy.

Nothing fancy, just finally picked up a simple light tent like this one. It's got a spring loaded frame and folds flat for storage, comes with seamless drops in black and white for the background/base color. I've used one made from a cardboard box and printer paper in the past, but should have gotten one of these a long time ago. Photo processing on the above photos took about 30 seconds per photo, compared to 5-20 minutes before (when I would have to remove seams and carefully balance the lighting across the image).

Rapscallion Vermilion

Thanks.  Cool.  It looks like you have two light sources, one to each side. 

It is nice to see those trumpets in their full glory.

Crawdad

Two beautiful Trumpets, but before I even read who made what, when I first saw the one Brian made, all I could say was WOW!!! that may be the prettiest thing I have ever seen.

merocustomcalls

Wow!!  I think I'm gonna toss my camera in the pond after seeing this.

owlhoot

hunter22

Awesome calls. Exceptional photography.

strutnrut

Dang it man those are some nice pictures. I need a new set up that's for sure but I have enough trouble building calls.  ::)  NOW, Brian that is about the best looking SnakeWood I have ever seen.

silverspur

Those are awesome and that snakewood is a real beauty!  Congrats to you! :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

blackfalcon

Beauties Ryan! Nice job with the light box too!

Old Timer53

Those are some fine calls for sure

Congrats