OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tony Stewert Kills Driver

Started by gatrapper, August 10, 2014, 08:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

SinGin

Well taht won't look good on Tony's job resume. Dang kid should have just stay'ed out of the way and punched Tony out in the pits

Jbird22

I feel like charges plus a lawsuit will soon be forthcoming. I agree the kid should have stayed off the track and waited on him in the pit. He didn't, however, and the video paints a disturbing picture of Tony Stewart.

savduck

I know the kid ran out on the track, but it sure didn't look like Stewart tried to slow down or dodge him. This is bad, bad, bad stuff.
Georgia Boy

Jbird22

Quote from: savduck on August 10, 2014, 05:56:21 PM
I know the kid ran out on the track, but it sure didn't look like Stewart tried to slow down or dodge him. This is bad, bad, bad stuff.
True! And actually, if you watch the Youtube video with sound you can hear him accelerate just before he hits the kid. I don't want to speculate on what actually happened but it "looks" awful from my perspective. I have truly been disturbed by this since I first saw the video this morning.

West Augusta

The fact that Tony wrecked him and then ran over him bothers me.  I'm sure that Tony was only trying to get close enough to scare him but went a little wide. I'm sorry but feel that Tony needs to go away for a while. He messed up bad.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

sbbow

the kid should have never got out of his car on the track imo. Stewart is going to have a hard time going over what he did. I would think it would be a long time before he gets back in a car just because of dealing with this emotionally.

FL-Boss

They are both at fault. The kid should have never got out of his car and charged towards Tony like some bad a$$.  On the flip side,  Tony should have made more of an effort to avoid the kid.  The fact is Tony probably DID intend to "brush" him a little.  But since the kid was charging after him like that....  Nothing will happen to Tony criminally, end of story. 

As for civil ... yes Tony may have to throw a few million to the family.

va wingbone

Quote from: FL-Boss on August 10, 2014, 07:38:38 PM
They are both at fault. The kid should have never got out of his car and charged towards Tony like some bad a$$.  On the flip side,  Tony should have made more of an effort to avoid the kid.  The fact is Tony probably DID intend to "brush" him a little.  But since the kid was charging after him like that....  Nothing will happen to Tony criminally, end of story. 

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Jbird22

Quote from: FL-Boss on August 10, 2014, 07:38:38 PM

I don't see it that way. If there was ANY other intention than trying to avoid the kid he should face some sort of charges. The kid was out of line but what he did was not illegal. If Tony tried to "brush" him and ended up hitting/killing him in the process then that seems like negligent homicide or vehicular manslaughter.

The two things that bother me the most about this is that you can hear him accelerate just before he hits the kid and that the car swerved in a direction that doesn't suggest he was trying to avoid him. I hope it wasn't as it seemed though. You'd hate to think it would ever go that far, whether on a dirt track for a few hundred bucks or on a NASCAR track with the Sprint Cup on the line.

mwr

From what I saw on the video I don't think Tony saw him till the last second, because of the car in front of him, I'm sure of he tried to hit him or brush him, he would be in jail now. So sad for all involved..

tomstopper

Quote from: mwr on August 11, 2014, 12:00:00 AM
From what I saw on the video I don't think Tony saw him till the last second, because of the car in front of him, I'm sure of he tried to hit him or brush him, he would be in jail now. So sad for all involved..
My thoughts exactly" it also appears that Tonys car pulls to the right after the impact was made. IMO. The report does stat that the car ahead of him swerved out of the way just before tony hit him. This being said I don't think tony tried to hit him on purpose.

merocustomcalls

I heard supposedly that there was a "Go-Pro" video camera on Stewart's car.  That video might offer a very interesting perspective if this indeed is true.  What keeps on getting my attention is that this happened during a caution. 

FL-Boss

I'm sure there will be some more video that emerges from somewhere. But again, either way I find it hard to believe Tony would face,  or more importantly be convicted of,  any criminal misconduct. 
The kid was charging after him, dim lit part of the track at night,  wearing a dark racing suit =  not good. Enough to put some of the blame on him...

vaturkey

The race was under caution ! Why did Tony step on the gas & swerve towards him ? I think he meant to scare Ward and instead he hit him !
Vaturkey