turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shat A Few Good Groups Today

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, July 24, 2014, 08:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I went to the local gun range today since I bought a brand new Ruger American 22 Mag yesterday.  I shot the best 5 shot group I have shot with a 22 Mag at 50yds with it using the Hornady 30gr V-Max shells today.  That group measured .316ctc.  It's the first group on the left in the picture below.  I shot my Savage Mark II F at 25yds and the 5 shot group in the middle was the best group I could get with it today.  I also finally shot my first true 5 shot group that a dime will cover with my KSA Chipmunk pistol at 25yds.  It's on the far right in the picture below.  That orange dot is exactly 1" in diameter and my dot sight on my Truglo 2x scope is as big as the 1" dot at 25yds so it makes it very tough to do this.  But I finally got 5 in a dime.  Thanks for looking. 

And here's a picture of the Ruger American 22 Mag. 

vaturkey

Good shootin ! Nice rifle too !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

mikejd

Good shooting right there. I like the American rifle.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Thanks men.  I think this new Hornady V-Max ammo is more accurate than the ammo I used to shoot years ago when I had a Ruger Varmint 22 Mag.  But this gun is a shooter.  I think it may even do better yet. 

BoWhoop

"Shat a Few Good Groups Today"

With a title like that, wasn't sure what the post was gonna be about.  :TooFunny:

Nice shootin'.

Devastator

Nice shoot'n,i won a ruger american in a gun raffle so i ordered 1 in 22-250 i hope it is half as good as that 22 mag!

the Ward

guesswho

Good shating.  Ain't many men can shat a group that small.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stinkpickle

SinGin

That's the best pile of shat I've seen in a long time. Nice shatting with the pistol

RemingtonRules

I never shat for groups, I do not have the trigger control or breathing control to shat small groups. :toothy12:

tomstopper

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

trackerbucky

The Ruger American is an awesome rifle.  My son has one in .308 Win and it is sub MOA all day long with match ammo and consistently sub MOA with the right hunting loads.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I was tired when I posted this.  Shat is pretty funny so I'll leave it in the title.  LOL!  Thanks for the comments.  I plan on buying a Savage 17HMR with the accutrigger hopefully by the end of this year.  Starting to love shooting these little rimfires again.