OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DURA TOUCH VS NON-DURA TOUCH???

Started by SKFOOTER, July 07, 2014, 11:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

I see where Winchester Repeating Arms stopped applying the Dura Touch coating on their shotguns in 2012.  What's the general consensus on their shotguns with Dura Touch versus their shotguns without it???

reynolds243

from what i have seen on here the dura touch is a big hit or miss application and a lot of people had issues with it coming off when certain things like oil or bug spray gets on it.

SKFOOTER

That's what I thought.  I finally found 2 Winchester SX3 NWTF 20 Gauge Cantilever 24" Shotguns--one in the Dura Touch finish and one without it.  I got the one without it.  Now I've got to decide on a scope.  Any suggestions??  I'd love to have a Leupold NWTF Dark Earth 1-4X20 scope but since their discontinued I'm not having any luck.  Any suggestions??

reynolds243

im a FF3 guy personally i just like the quick acquisition of the halo style.  Im sure there are plenty of pros in using a scope style just not my personal preference.

d.winsor

If you put a scope on it you will be dedicating it to turkey hunting only, except for squirrel hunting.  With a scope you limit your guns abilities.

If you put a ff3 or similar sight on your gun you can change a choke and hunt any number of small game, dove, etc.  If that is your inclination.  One thing about the ff3 is it has a lifetime warranty.

SKFOOTER

And if I go with the FFIII, which MOA do you recommend??

reynolds243

3 for me. The 8!2-/ way to big to me. I like the minimal personally. Some dudes love the 8 though but my eyes found it to much

SKFOOTER

Who has the best prices on the FF3?

dms2511

If you are still looking for the Leupold, one is currently for sale on the forum.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,47328.0.html

SKFOOTER

Quote from: dms2511 on July 07, 2014, 08:32:02 PM
If you are still looking for the Leupold, one is currently for sale on the forum.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,47328.0.html
Thanks.  I've been talking to him about it but he took offense to me asking if he would take less than his posted price.  He said he wouldn't sell it to me now for any price.  So I'm still looking.

hunter22

I only commented to SKFOOTER in a PM about my scope after he made a post in the classifieds that he wanted a scope just like mine and did anyone have one for sale. He is right about one thing, my scope is not for sale to him at any price. I have seen him try and beat people down on their prices before. I have no problem in dickering but this guy does not know where to draw the line.

reynolds243

SKFOOTER

Quote from: hunter22 on July 08, 2014, 07:11:21 AM
I only commented to SKFOOTER in a PM about my scope after he made a post in the classifieds that he wanted a scope just like mine and did anyone have one for sale. He is right about one thing, my scope is not for sale to him at any price. I have seen him try and beat people down on their prices before. I have no problem in dickering but this guy does not know where to draw the line.
There's a big difference in "beating people down on their prices" and asking or offering to pay them less for their item, Hunter22.  I've done business with several members of this forum, both as a seller and a buyer.  And I'm sure they would attest to the fact that I'm straight up in my dealings with them albeit I may try to get them to take a little less for an item they're selling.  But you're entitled to your opinion even though you are way off base on this one.  So good luck selling your scope.

SKFOOTER

But back to the original topic--------which do you like better??  Dura Touch or Non-Dura Touch finished shotguns???  And why??

reynolds243

Not apples to apples but I did get the grip tight coating on my M2 but allegedly it is a far better product then the duratouch but I guess time will tell. I do like the feel of it though over a standard stock