Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you use your Tukey Gun for Multiple types of Game?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, June 27, 2014, 11:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSteve

I have purposely limited my budget to include one shotgun. Mossberg 535. 4 different interchangeable barrels allows me every kind of hunting/protection at a very modest price. For me, trying to do what others can't or won't do is where I pride myself. Yes, there is a lot of sourcing, checking and double checking. It's not for everybody, but it is for me. I like the challenge. If you dig deep enough, there is a fix for everything!
Steve

The internet? Is that thing still around?

WyoHunter

Both of my Berettas are dedicated turkey guns. They are scoped and used for turkeys only.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Racer1

Got a VersaMax and that is all I need.  Love it!

the Ward

My bps 10 is pretty much my only "dedicated" turkey gun now. The Vinci is my swiss army knife gun, i  use it for everything. A quick twist and I can put on the steady grip, pop on the red-dot and choke swap and it's a turkey hunting machine. I really hope to pick up another one down the road when finances allow to leave set up as a dedicated turkey/deer gun, so I can  use one for waterfowl/wingshooting which was the intended purpose for it when I bought it. My guns suffer from "mission creep" lol!

Mild Bill

the shotguns I use for turkey also see action for calling coyotes, one also goes crow hunting too , and wear rifled slug barrels if I deer hunt in a shotgun only area.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Maybe I shouldn't bump my own thread, but this has been a really good thread.  Interesting posts thus far.

MossRem

Yes. I have used the same gun for turkeys, doves, and quail before several times. If a person wants to use a shotgun for turkeys only, that's fine. I just like being used to a certain shotgun so I can be more accurate with it. To each his own.

Dtrkyman

My sbe2 is used for waterfow turkey, and coyote, just change the choke...shoots straight so I simply use the beads no additional sights, I primarily kill turkeys with a bow now

Mike Honcho

I have 4 turkey guns, 3  of which can serve as waterfowl (goose) guns in the winter when needed.

I use the Mossberg 935, Stoeger 3500 and BPS 10 ga. occasionally for waterfowl...the 3500 I have to remove the scope base and Red Dot so I didn't use it on geese this year.  The other two have Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Stopper Pro Series adjustable sights and they don't bother me at all for waterfowling....I leave them on.

VanHelden Game Calls

I have used mine for duck, geese, deer but once I got to turkey's I found no need to go back and hunt other game :)

Reality I have my gun set to turkeys now and leave it.  I found it easier to buy a new one for the other game species, my wife bought the idea  :z-guntootsmiley: