OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A get together...

Started by The Cohutta Strutter, June 15, 2014, 07:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cohutta Strutter

Hi folks,ol Strutter here. Just putting this feeler out to see who may be interested. Being that we are post turkey season I thought it may be nice to see if their were any folks that wanted to get together to talk turkey and just meet. I'm thinking we could all bring our calls and get tips from each other on running them plus we would be seeing the different types/makers of these calls.I myself would like to improve on the trumpet and diaphragm for next year. I spoke with Del (savduck) on this forum and he was interested. I think most would benefit by talking and running trumpets with him. Of course the logistics would have to be worked but I'm initially thinking at some location in middle Georgia. So, just a laid back informal gathering of folks with the common interest of turkey hunting. Further suggestions welcome....what say you? Oh, happy Father's Day!!! David.
Anybody seen America lately?

hunter22

Strutter,

Speaking from experience on turkey guys getting together, you need to do it. My buddies drenalinld and Crawdad come up to my place every now and then and we spend the day running calls, eating, and telling big tales. They normally get here pretty early in the morning and the day is gone before you know it. I really enjoy seeing their calls and listening to them run them. I normally smoke something on the grill such as a pork loin, chicken, or my Wild Turkey Extreme and the wife fixes some veggies and dessert. I always learn something from those guys. Now that I think about it, it is way past time for one of our visits also. If I were a little closer I would join your group just to listen to Del run his trumpets.

The Cohutta Strutter

Now that's what I'm talking about, you described it perfectly! Thanks, hunter22.

savduck

I'm game for a Saturday of fun. I'm 2 to 3 hours from middle GA.
Georgia Boy

SCGobbler

What ever happened to the turkey call get together up in the mountains of North Georgia?  Do they still have that one?
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

larry9988

I live in south Georgia, when can we do it?

The Cohutta Strutter

SCGobbler, I think you may be referring to the one at Unicoi State Park in Helen, Ga. The last one I attended was in 12....don't know if they had one in 13 & 14. larry9988 we will just have to pick an available Saturday and location for it I'd say within the next couple of months. Thanks. Strutter.

larry9988

OK. When you get a date let us know. I will try to attend although I work most Saturdays from now to fall. (farming)

savduck

Id recommend putting this in the general forum too.
Georgia Boy

outdoors

I LIVE ALMOST DUE SOUTH WAY DOWN HEAR , TOOOO FOR FOR. DAY , DANG SOUNDS LIKE FUN  :blob10:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

sleepyturkey

Sounds good how about picking a town like the nwtf convention and do that? I live in east tennessee about two and half hours from chattnogga 'the spelling looks wrong on that lol'

SCGobbler

Quote from: The Cohutta Strutter on June 16, 2014, 05:45:15 AM
SCGobbler, I think you may be referring to the one at Unicoi State Park in Helen, Ga. The last one I attended was in 12....don't know if they had one in 13 & 14. larry9988 we will just have to pick an available Saturday and location for it I'd say within the next couple of months. Thanks. Strutter.

That's it Strutter!  Couldn't remember where it was but Unicoi State Park was the site!
The SC Gobbler

—Archibald Rutledge

savduck

they moved the Unicoi show to the Dillard House the last two seasons. They had it in January last year.
Georgia Boy

SCGobbler

The SC Gobbler

—Archibald Rutledge

savduck

Im gonna try this year. Didnt have time the last two.
Georgia Boy