turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommend a mouth call to me.

Started by chadly, June 10, 2014, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

I bought a cheap one years ago and never made a sound from it other than me choking on it.  I want to start practicing now for next year.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? 
Blessings.
Chad

COssman14

Hooks Custom Calls "Executioner" or I also like Gooserbats "Bacon", You can't go wrong with either of those.
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

Gooserbat

Tell me what you want a call to do, and I'll tell you what I build that will accommodate your calling style.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tail Feathers

There are a lot of good calls out there.
I called five toms to the gun (and several hens) using a Hooks Executioner this season.
Man they LOVED that thing.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

chadly

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 10, 2014, 01:53:43 PM
Tell me what you want a call to do, and I'll tell you what I build that will accommodate your calling style.

I really don't know what I want other than another tool to call in a bird.  That does not help I know.  Watching videos I see guys making some really good sounds on birds that are close. 

chadly

Actually I want something easy for beginner to use.

Gooserbat

Quote from: chadly on June 10, 2014, 04:19:48 PM
Actually I want something easy for beginner to use.

Try my Classic Hen.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

KYFrid

I really like  Houndstooth game calls.  The tomb bomb is my favorite though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yelper

http://www.osceolagamecalls.com/index.html
Sweet Osceola: This is a great sounding 2 reed call. Easy to use and sounds great.
Picture

Two very thin reeds that make volume control easy.

Excellent for soft yelping and purring, this call will "seal the deal." It's our personal favorite

Snoodsniper

Cane Creek dead end is an excellent call. Its a double reed call that takes very little air to play. Its my favorite and is definitely worth a try for a beginner.

Spring Creek Calls

Sounds like a two reed with no cuts would be good.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Fullfan

Quote from: jblackburn on June 10, 2014, 07:53:50 PM
Gooserbat Classic Hen or Bacon

Get them both, great handmade calls and easy to use..
Don't gobble at me...

troutfisher13111

I know of two easy to use custom calls

Gooserbat  "Classic Hen"

Houndstooth  "Tom Bomb"

You can't go wrong with either. I would get both since they offer very different sounds. I can also say that both guys have taken time to answer my questions.

TauntoHawk

Calls that are really easy to play, and have great tone for are hooks, houndstooth, David halloran
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>