OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

withdrawal started-already

Started by reflexl, June 04, 2014, 09:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Turkeys season is over. It was a rough one but managed 3 birds. after all the anticipation then pow! its over. I am consoling myself by thinking about the duck blind drawing that is only  2 months away............

The Cohutta Strutter

I hear ya, 'twas a sweet season and are most thankful for it. Managed my limit here in N. Georgia.Been thinking about the different areas of Turk hunting I want to improve on for next year..... For now it's summer's heat and look foward to cooler temps and getting that first whif of fall in my nostrils....Strutter.
Anybody seen America lately?

DirtNap647

comes and goes so fast  already getting new stuff for next year tho

trackerbucky

Good point.  Now is a great time to get turkey gear at reduced prices.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

guesswho

It used to bother me when season ended.  But now it's a bit of a relief.  I love when season is open as much as anyone, but I enjoy reliving past hunts about as much as I do an actual hunt anymore.  Must be getting old, lazy or both.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

n2deer

Rio Fan

Quote from: guesswho on June 04, 2014, 06:30:14 PM
It used to bother me when season ended.  But now it's a bit of a relief.  I love when season is open as much as anyone, but I enjoy reliving past hunts about as much as I do an actual hunt anymore.  Must be getting old, lazy or both.

guess who-

Do you keep a written turkey journal/log to help you remember hunts from past years?  I'm just curious because I've gathered that you've been turkey hunting for a long time and have watched a "lot" of turkey's bite the dust.  I've been hunting turkey's for about 22 years and there's no way I could remember all of my past hunts if I didn't write them down.

guesswho

Quote from: Rio Fan on June 04, 2014, 10:18:28 PM
guess who-

Do you keep a written turkey journal/log to help you remember hunts from past years?  I'm just curious because I've gathered that you've been turkey hunting for a long time and have watched a "lot" of turkey's bite the dust.  I've been hunting turkey's for about 22 years and there's no way I could remember all of my past hunts if I didn't write them down.
No, but I wish I had.  I tried at one time but my ADD wouldn't allow it.  I've hunted them in some capacity now for about 48 years.  I know there's a lot of hunts that I've forgotten, but luckily I have a ton of pictures.  And most of them I can put a hunt with.   But it would still be nice to be able to go back to a journal and read about hunts from that era, kills and no kills.  I would encourage anyone to start journal.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Candyman

Our season closed here in MS on May 1.  Yesterday a friend called me, he was looking at 2 gobblers strutting with 4 hens in the city limits of a small town in central Mississippi. 

275 days till youth season.....  Cant wait!

jepcho

I think the month after turkey season I am more fired up to hunt than the month before season.  I dont know why but it makes for a long offseason!  I cant wait for 2015!

njdevilsb

As hard as my dad and I hunted this year, it was nice to have a few days off after our season ended last Saturday.  Having said that, I have a tremendous urge to go roost some birds tonight and get up at 3:30 tomorrow morning.

It was a tough but great season.  We made some mistakes, learned a few things as usual and I can't wait until May 1st, 2015.

srmturk

It's bad.  Ended Saturday and then I had some busy days at work so that was okay but then I have today off and am looking at a free Saturday tomorrow and I'm slipping into a depression.  Only got one bird on May 3rd and hunted my rear off the rest of the month in frustration but doesn't matter.  I'm addicted and I even miss the 3:45 wake up call.  I'll get over it and go fishing but this is BAD this year!

beagler

Never Misses

Dearhunter3450

Already thinking about next season, researching a WY hunt gathering new calls and much to my wife's dislike practicing with them lol! Also setting up new vest... I might have a real problem lol

Snoodsniper

Glad I'm not alone...been driving the wife nuts with my new trumpet call. Gonna bust out the .17 and go split some woodchuck heads in the morning just to calm my nerves. I don't' fish much.