OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I don't know what if anything this means.

Started by allaboutshooting, June 02, 2014, 11:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

As most of you know, Doris and I are in the process of moving to SC. Most nights, a friend or neighbor has invited us over for dinner or supper.

Last night we were leaving for supper and as we were driving away, noticed something above our door. On the drip ridge, there was a 5' King snake, maybe a foot above the door.

We'd both just walked out that door, and as matter of fact, had paused there to make sure we had our house keys with us. I had to go back in to get them.

Neither of us noticed a thing until we began to back out and obviously, neither of us had looked up.

We've been here for a long time and never seen a snake above the door.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Bigspurs68

Birds nest overhead somewhere? Whatever it was doing is most likely in your best interest. Pest control.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

MACHINIST

That's why I could never live down south,I hate snakes with a passion!!! Bad enough when we get a 3-4 foot water snake around here.They are nasty black snakes with attitudes to match.Been biten a few times...they learned real quick that I bite back!!LOL

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Gooserbat

I always considered a Kingsnake as a good guy.  They will kill and eat other snakes such as a copperhead. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Skeeterbait

Yep he is a good snake to have around the house.  Most non-venomous snakes are good to have around the house except a gray rat (chicken) snake, bad attitude and bite readily.  The king wouldn't have hurt you if he had fell on you... might make you hurt yourself though.  ;D

BowBendr

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 03, 2014, 10:24:54 AM
I always considered a Kingsnake as a good guy.  They will kill and eat other snakes such as a copperhead.

X2...that's the way i've always heard it. Keep him around.

Vabirddog

I think you will need to consult Briscoe Darlin as to the spiritual ramifications of such a sign.