turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally tagged out

Started by Snoodsniper, May 30, 2014, 03:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

Well it's been quite a season here in Bradford county PA. Finally tagged out at 7:00 am this morning. I guess the key for me is to be totally sleep deprived. Both my birds came after getting maybe 3 hours sleep then pulling the night shift. I hunted this fella for way too long yesterday and couldn't get him to commit. This morning he came on a string crossing a dirt road and a creek bottom. He got a look at my strutter decoy and was headed out the back door when he caught a long beard xr upside his noggin. 9 1/2" beard, 1 1/8" spurs, 18 lbs.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

captin_hook

cphill

Good way to end the season Congrats

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

DirtNap647

eddie234

Very nice. Congrats

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

troutfisher13111

tomstopper

turkeyfeathers

Way to wind it up. Congrats  Nice bird

DUCKDIGGLER

Congrats !

Is that a BPS? If so what are the particulars on the gun and choke? And what kind of stock is that?

zelmo1

Snoodsniper

Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on May 31, 2014, 10:06:58 AM
Congrats !

Is that a BPS? If so what are the particulars on the gun and choke? And what kind of stock is that?

Yes it's a BPS. It's a pre 98 12 gauge 3 1/2", originally a 30" barrel cut to 21",ported, forcing cone lengthened and a trigger job. All work was done by Rob Roberts gun works. Ballistic specialties choke .665, Damar rail w/ffiii bolted on, Choate stock and a fresh camo  dip from Tarjac.
Hey you asked!!  I like that gun more than I like most people.

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your gobbler!! :icon_thumright:

DUCKDIGGLER

Snood...... Nice rig! What load do you run out of her? Do you know if they still offer that stock?

:OGturkeyhead:

WiLL B