turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Outstanding year in WV

Started by LilFridWV, May 28, 2014, 09:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilFridWV

Tagged out this year in WV for the second straight year. Been blessed to have the opportunities and experiences in the turkey woods. In the near future, I'll be busting beaks with my little boy. Can't wait to pass down what I've learned from experience and what my older brother, FridWV has taught me. I've been chosen for a contest here in WV called Network West Virginia 2014 Spring Gobbler giveaway. If aloud by old gobbler, I was wanting to ask everyone to vote for picture on there. The we page is: http://www.networkwestvirginia.com/ Scroll down to the bottom to vote. I'm in second place and have until the 1st of June to win. Plan on buying my little hunting buddies lifetime hunting license with the grand prize. Hope everyone has enjoyed being out in the woods this spring. Thanks everyone!

Jeff Fridley

wvmntnhick

Sounds awesome man. Hope it all works out for you. Where are you located in the state? I'm in the eastern panhandle.

tomstopper

Done. Congrats on tagging out and I hope you win the contest.....

LilFridWV

I live in Charleston. I killed both gobblers this year on a friend's farm in Braxton county. Hard country to hunt without a 4 wheeler. Not to mention waking up at 2 am to get up on a gas right away. Well worth it because there's really no hunting pressure. I would upload pics of both turkeys but I'm having a hard time uploading them. Says both pics are too big. How did you guys do up north? Thanks for voting too!

DirtNap647

wvmntnhick

Quote from: LilFridWV on May 28, 2014, 06:08:29 PM
I live in Charleston. I killed both gobblers this year on a friend's farm in Braxton county. Hard country to hunt without a 4 wheeler. Not to mention waking up at 2 am to get up on a gas right away. Well worth it because there's really no hunting pressure. I would upload pics of both turkeys but I'm having a hard time uploading them. Says both pics are too big. How did you guys do up north? Thanks for voting too!
Only hunted the Grant/Mineral area for days this year but it was not going well. We worked a few birds but nothing like post years and most were jakes on my end. Did well in Jefferson county though. I put the pics on the board. The post was "couple wv birds" or something like that. I was in Braxton/Lewis county two weeks before the season opens and got to play with quite a few birds. Called in at least a dozen and had several within spitting range. Woulda liked to have had a gun and an open season. You see any coyotes there? Called a couple in while messing with the turkeys. Didn't want to tote a gun around though in fear of running onto someone that might get the wrong impression of setting someone calling turkeys before season. It just looks bad with a gun in your possession.

Snoodsniper

redmag

You guys are lucky it was very poor for most here in Hardy Co. and where I hunt in Jefferson birds didn't talk at all on the days I was there.  It hasn't been good the last couple of seasons for most guys who are usually are successful here.

wvboy

I hunted WV two days this year .. the last week of the season.. and got lucky and killed a two year old in Pocahontas County and should have killed another the next day .. but from family and friends reports it was for the most part a very poor year in the Mountains on the Eastern Side of the state..

Congrats on your success.. 
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads