OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tri Star 20 OU

Started by magnumgray, May 28, 2014, 08:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnumgray

I won a Tri Star  Setter at a local NWTF banquet ..... It is a great 6 lb gun .... wrapped it in the elastic camo ..... Patterns good with hevi shot ..... I shot a bird here in Indiana at 42 yards with the blends ..... feet staight up at the impact ..  In Nebraska I shot a bird with broken off 1" spurs at 30 steps .... with a modified choke .... and don't laugh Kent turkey loads .... this gun shoots those cheapo shells  with a killing pattern at 35 yards .... When you're walking 3-4 miles a day in the woods this gun that I have a $20 raffle ticket in may get the camo dip.  by the way it's got a tight wad in the upper barrel  for the long shots

surehuntsalot

I really like the idea of an O/U turkey gun myself,going to have to look into it closer
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

magnumgray

I've s hot alot of birds with my 12 gauge .... I have a HK Fabarms  ultra mag .... 3"  trulock turkey choke in the upper barrel with 3"  wingmaster hd's  6's and   a modified choke with 23/4 lead winchesters in the lower one ..... instead of shooting a softball wad of shot at less than 25 yards .... i shoot a basketball size ..... i still get excited even though I 've shot dozens of birds .... the modified gives me a margin of error on those close shots ..... in fact the majority of my birds in the last ten years were shot at 25 yards or less with the  modified choke .... the tri star is three pounds lighter.... but still performs well

As I tell people about turkey patterns .... how dead can you kill them?