turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NC Birds

Started by NCYelper, May 28, 2014, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCYelper

Was blessed to fill my NC tags this year.  Seems like the birds in the places I hunt were very scarce this year.  Gobbling also seemed to be a lot more sporadic than usual.  Was excited to see a lot of Jakes while hunting this year so hopefully the next few years will be filled with more gobbling.  Sure hate the season is gone.

NCYelper

turkeyfoot

NC season started out well for me was done in 3 days lots of gobbling  then started calling for others and it was all down birds went quiet and never picked up glad you seen some jakes I didn't see any where I was in mountains

NCYelper

I called in the 1st bird about 10 am opening day and it took me a week and a half to find another Tom to hunt.  Lot of birds got killed around here the 1st few days of the season which coincides with what you saw.  Seems like it was all downhill from there.  Lot of other folks were experiencing the same thing.  I'm south of Raleigh.  I did call in a Tom that gobbled hard for a friend of mine who had never hunted the last day of the season.

captin_hook

Awesome.. Great pics!

BowBendr

NC did seem a little weird this year.
I heard a lot of gobbling and killed 1 at Jordan, but all the other birds I got on would not commit no matter how you set up on them..................

ncturkey

It seem NC was on fire this season. I had a great year too. Congrats on your success.

beagler

Never Misses

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats on some good looking birds and filling your tags...

richard88

Congrats. 2nd one looking more beautiful in the pic.

DirtNap647

NCYelper

NCYelper

That triple bearded bird is awesome Ditchbank.  Congrats to you and your son.  I noticed your BioPlots hat.  I've been buying deer minerals from HR for years.  Love the stuff they sell.

Gooserbat

Nice Birds to All
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TurkeyPhanatic

Nicely done as usual!  Congrats on a successful season bud!