turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

North Central Pa Gobbling Activity

Started by 1tiogabowhunter, May 27, 2014, 10:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1tiogabowhunter

Taking a buddy to my camp in Tioga county for the last day Saturday.  My local buddies up there are saying the birds have been quiet and the hunting has been super tough.   Wanted to see if anyone else could shed some light on the action upstate.

Thanks

DirtNap647

they are gobbling just not setting the world on fire

gdublongwilly

Consider yourself lucky if you even here a gobbler. I've hunted Bradford And Sullivan counties all season with a splash of Tioga county and it's been rough to say the least.  I finally connected yesterday morning with my first bird of the season.  I have been out every day of the season thus far, only missing two days.  The worst season ever thus far for myself and several of my turkey hunting buddies.  Nobody knows what to think or what to make of the season... ??? ???  I've heard some birds throughout the season but not to much gobbling at all.  Over the past three days, I've just started seeing them in the fields some, but still not much gobbling.  Good luck is all I can say!  Hopefully you'll hear something and be able to get one to actually work with you.

1tiogabowhunter

Thanks for the feedback.  A lot my buddy who lives in the area has struggled all season and says it has only gotten worse this week.  Very little gobbling if any gobbling.  But gonna give her one last try as they say... you can't kill em from the recliner!

gdublongwilly

Quote from: 1tiogabowhunter on May 29, 2014, 11:56:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback.  A lot my buddy who lives in the area has struggled all season and says it has only gotten worse this week.  Very little gobbling if any gobbling.  But gonna give her one last try as they say... you can't kill em from the recliner!

Right on!  I'll be giving it my all the last two days as well!  Good Luck!

1tiogabowhunter

Just got the call I was waiting for!  Buddy said a bird has been hammering on my land the last two days almost non stop!  Could be a good last day!

1tiogabowhunter

Just got the call I was waiting for!  Buddy said a bird has been hammering on my land the last two days almost non stop!  Could be a good last day!

Snoodsniper

Good luck. I heard more gobbling yesterday than I've heard in a week and a half. Heading out soon to give em another shot.