OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in NY

Started by MACHINIST, May 25, 2014, 01:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACHINIST

Tagged out this am at 10:26!! 19 pounds,8 3/4 inch beard and 1 inch spurs

Was quite a different hunt.We started out on another property near Fair Haven,NY and heard a bit of gobbling.Things went cold after a little it and we walked around to see if we could spark up a conversation but nothing worked.I have a 100 acre lease in Palermo and my friend and I decided to go out that way because its been hunted very little this year.My friend took a hardwood ridge and started calling and I took the other ridge and did the same,but before we split up we decided were we would both sit the rest of that afternoon out.As I made my way through I got to my spot and got all set up.With a hen decoy out in the sunny spot in the field.The mosquitos were absolutely terrible and I thought to myself "man I don't know if I can make it to 12 with them this bad as I forgot my bug net and the bug spray had all sweated off by then.As I reached for my call and for my striker I heard a gobble,he was only at 60 yards but he was locked on my decoy and walking straight towards it.I slowly moved my gun in position and picked a spot he would get to in a opening,when he popped into the opening at 35 yards I let him have a shot of 3 1/2 inch #5 lonbeards and a Sumtoy choke.He dropped stone dead and didn't flop or twitch a bit.When I got to him he started the jitters but soon gave up the ghost.He was a figther,he had one spur broken right off!What a season!!! My little girl is going out again in the am so I am really hoping to get one in front of her

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

hunter-b

DirtNap647

dfresh55

WiLL B

tomstopper

WildSpur

Way to go!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MACHINIST

Its almost bitter sweet being tagged out,I have my daughter and my nephew that I still want to get them to tag a bird.My daughter doesn't have what it takes to do a all day run,she usually sits the first sit from the roost then she is done.So I will take them both out saturday am and see what I can do.From what I have been hearing and seeing driving around at work the 9 am and after part of the day is starting to get heated up pretty good.We will see!!

WNY Bowhunter

Awesome!!! It's been a strange year for turkeys here in NY...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Terry

captin_hook

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

MACHINIST

I would have had one of your calls in my mouth but he came in before I could get one out of my bag!!LOL