turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any idea what this could be and from?

Started by WildSpur, May 25, 2014, 01:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildSpur

My buddies father shot this longbeard yesterday in pa.   Below the beard at the top of the beast was this infection or wound.  Anybody ever see anything like this?  From what they could tell no pellets were found in the area.   I am guessing a predator or a car unless some sort of disease.   The feathers appear to be growing back in place.  The bird was gobbling his head off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

R AJ

Possibly from a fighting wound that got infected. I have seen one with a stick into the breast, probably from an unfortunate landing.

hunter-b

That's funny I shot one this morning that looked a lot like that. I figured it was from breeding . The scab fell off while I was cleaning it.

DirtNap647

Snoodsniper

I have killed a couple with a good size scab in that area from breeding but never seen infection like that. I don't think you should eat that bird. JMO

doublebarrel

Probably a spur wound. Not sure I'd eat it either. How big of an area is that?

dfresh55

yeah no way iw ould eat that bird!  conegrarts on the bird tho!

BowBendr

Quote from: RAJ on May 25, 2014, 01:08:24 PM
Possibly from a fighting wound that got infected. I have seen one with a stick into the breast, probably from an unfortunate landing.

2 good possibilities there.....

WildSpur

I will find out how big.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

captin_hook

Yeah, I probably wouldn't eat that bird.

tomstopper

wvmntnhick

I know exactly what that is: it's disgusting. That bird would have become buzzard bait soon as I saw that. Yuck.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 26, 2014, 07:51:16 PM
I know exactly what that is: it's disgusting. That bird would have become buzzard bait soon as I saw that. Yuck.

I agree on the buzzard bait idea,it would be tossed out as soon as I saw that
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

firstflight111

You cut the nasty bag open . Never cut the bag open it's smells real bad .cut around it between it and the breast meat that's all you did .

Sent from my C811 4G

CUPPED AND COMMITTED