OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eight is great! (Pic heavy)

Started by neal, May 23, 2014, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

The claim was severe winter kill in WI. I didn't believe it for a second so that being said I bought 5 tags. Season started out with a blizzard but was able to seal the deal then off to NE then MN and back home for 4 more tags. I was able to fill my 8th today while doubling up with my wife. Fantastic hunt saw 7 strutters this morning while hear 12+ gobbling. A season filled with highs and lows I was able to see 22 birds take a dirt nap. As soon as I pulled the trigger today depression set in..... It's over this spring. Dreaming of next spring already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

mikejd

Congrats on a banner season. Great pics, you have some beautiful country to hunt.

Thanks for sharing.

emptymag

datrip

Really nice pics....congrats on your season, it will be hard to beat.
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

PALongspur

Great pics! I really enjoyed them!

Congrats on a great year!

tomstopper

Congrats on a fantastic season and also some great pics.....

Jbird22

Congrats on a great season! I can't imagine turkey hunting in snow. Cool stuff (no pun intended)..lol

Marc

What a fantastic Season!

Are those Meriams?  Where'd you shoot em'?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

packmule

Awesome pics, congratulations on a great season!

TRKYHTR

Atta boy Neal. Congrats on a great year.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

neal

Quote from: Marc on May 23, 2014, 11:40:33 PM
What a fantastic Season!

Are those Meriams?  Where'd you shoot em'?

Marc
Merriams yes, I hunt in NE with http://heritageoutfittersne.com/ Brady is top notch and has loads of birds!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

cphill

Congrats man and beautiful country u got to hunt

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

wisconsinteacher

Congrats Neal.  I know that the birds are feeling safer now that you are out of tags. 

DirtNap647

congrats on a great season nice pics

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.