turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beginner's luck

Started by cwaggg, May 20, 2014, 11:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwaggg

This was my first year in 25 years or so of hunting to try my hand at turkey hunting. Nobody in my family really turkey hunts so I took it upon myself to learn so hopefully I can pass it on when the time comes. I managed to tag my two WV birds 3 days apart and in only 5 days of hunting. Called both to 25-30 yards. Its like being a kid hunting again. I am hooked. Here they are and I kick myself now for not thinking to get a scale. Both felt at least 20 lbs to me. I will have one for next year. I feel extremely blessed to have gotten two nice birds right out of the gate.

10.5 inch beard 1 inch spurs

11 inch beard 1.25 inch spurs

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Nice birds. Congrats....

KYFrid

Congrats man. I too am from WV and taught myself to turkey hunt. Started in 06 and killed my first gobbler that year. Been hooked ever since. Now my brother,dad, uncle, and buddies all turkey hunt. I guess you could say I passed it on to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Congratulations, great bird.  Great smile!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hookedspur

Nice Birds Congrats . But it looks like you have egg on your face  ;D
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkey harvester

Congrats, but if you were going to post a pic of your bird and tell your story at least put your smile on there.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

alclark2

Very nice! You're hooked now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

darn2ten

cwaggg

Just a habit of being cautious on the internet, but I suppose its not anything to worry about.

renegade19

cwaggg

Thanks for all the kind words and for all the info I picked up here as a lurker before season. I deep cleaned and polished the bore, picked up an indian creek, truglo pro series gobble dots, and hevi 13 #7 3.5's  and patterned it based on what I read here to get my old 835 ready for action. I may switch out the buttstock to a Choate Mark V and get it camo dipped this summer.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hunter-b

Nice birds . Your all good I checked the Americas most wanted list and your not on there . :icon_thumright: