OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No guns in Chipotle!

Started by CT Spur Collector, May 20, 2014, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT Spur Collector

I never eat at these crap hole stores but here's just another reason I won't. 

Thought you folks might want to draw your own conclusion.

http://news.msn.com/us/chipotle-dont-bring-guns-in-our-stores

mudhen

They are still in business?

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Jasonb53

I wouldn't feel comfortable if someone walked in carrying a AR, now carrying concealed...wouldnt bother me at all...of course how would I know anyways right?

Dtrkyman

These places are making it easy to not go there, I think hooters is on that list as well, both places have shitty food so no loss for me!

captin_hook

I've never ate there, and now never will.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Anyone who walks in any restaurant that's carrying an AR-15 needs their damn head examined. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Jasonb53 on May 20, 2014, 02:42:05 PM
I wouldn't feel comfortable if someone walked in carrying a AR, now carrying concealed...wouldnt bother me at all...of course how would I know anyways right?

Who in their right mind would?

silvestris

I like ARs.  I feel pretty certain that anyone carrying a gun is on my side.  If he proves differently by placing me or someone else in reasonable fear of death or great bodily injury, then we just might have a gunfight.  Unfortunately, I will not be in Chipotle to render aid to the innocent.  I carry concealed everywhere the law allows and pray that I am never called upon to draw.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

captpete

That happened in Texas. My guess is that there were a lot more guns in that restaurant than they realized. Doesn't pretty much everybody in Texas carry???

Marc

It was my impression that the restriction was limited to open-carry...  That being the case, I would have no issue.

And yea, if I am eating dinner with my family in Chipotle, and someone comes in with an AR-15 strapped to their back (legal or not), we are leaving out the opposite door this guy is coming in (and I would be leaving with a sense of urgency)...  I am guessing a fair number of us on these forums would react in a similar manner...  Even if this guy is not a criminal, to me it screams paranoid reactionary...

I not am scared of guns, but it is the fact that someone is deviating outside of social norms that would make me nervous.  Open carry in my neck of the woods is not common practice, and would raise an eyebrow from the majority of people.

And as a business owner, you have to decide who your customers are... Allowing open carry would likely cause more business loss for this company than not allowing such.  Easy business decision here...

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 20, 2014, 05:00:38 PM
Quote from: Jasonb53 on May 20, 2014, 02:42:05 PM

Who in their right mind would?
:agreed: Just asking for unwanted trouble in many ways. Not a very bright way to show being a gun advocate. Just gives the Libs/Radicals some more ammo on stereotyping all gun owners as crazies IMO.

fastford04

Crazy...

Sent from Tiny's iPhone using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: Marc on May 20, 2014, 07:32:40 PM
It was my impression that the restriction was limited to open-carry...  That being the case, I would have no issue.

And yea, if I am eating dinner with my family in Chipotle, and someone comes in with an AR-15 strapped to their back (legal or not), we are leaving out the opposite door this guy is coming in (and I would be leaving with a sense of urgency)...  I am guessing a fair number of us on these forums would react in a similar manner...  Even if this guy is not a criminal, to me it screams paranoid reactionary...

I not am scared of guns, but it is the fact that someone is deviating outside of social norms that would make me nervous.  Open carry in my neck of the woods is not common practice, and would raise an eyebrow from the majority of people.

And as a business owner, you have to decide who your customers are... Allowing open carry would likely cause more business loss for this company than not allowing such.  Easy business decision here...

^^ this

howl

Those folks may seem like idiots, but you have to consider that there may be a time when you need to do what they did. I generally open carry a handgun. The only ones that notice are those that are trying to concealed-carry and have it on their mind. I have had to go some places for work that toting a rifle would not be uncalled for. I have open carried a couple of AR-15s to a civic center for a gun show. There were other events going on at the same time; including families with kids running around outside an ice skating rink. No one paid any attention, except those of us with guns on our mind.