turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody World Class Calls

Started by highcottton, May 19, 2014, 12:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highcottton

Does anyone have sound file they could share? I have been wanting to hear what either the slate or the glass sound like. If no sound files, could anyone share their experience with the calls?

captin_hook

I've been using a Cody glass in a walnut pot for about 10 years now. I keep getting new calls, but my Cody is always in my vest. I killed a bunch of birds with it. Cody calls are handmade here in Pennsylvania and are overlooked by a lot of hunters. Give a Cody a try, you won't be disappointed .

Jbird22

I have a Cody "Envy" glass/Walnut pot that I bought from WalMart (of all places...lol) yeeears ago and it stays in my vest at all times. I've killed more birds with it than all of my other pot calls put together!

https://soundcloud.com/jbird_22/cody-envy-glass-dads-bubinga-striker

perrytrails

I've had one forever. World class, brought in a bunch of birds over the years. Gave it to my son several years ago. I sneak it out of his vest every now and then and take it to the woods.

High pitched call, can have some good rasp with a laminate striker. Really sounds great with the hickory it came with.

outdoors

CODY'S   :icon_thumright:
THIS CALL SOUNDS REAL GOOD AT A DISTANCE NOT UP CLOSE   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

gwa

Nice call. I seem to compare all new pot calls to it. LOL

highcottton

Thanks so much for all the comments! JBIRD22 that call sounds really good with that striker combination!

boatpaddle

I've used the SPEC1 slate & glass along with the World class calls since they came out...

Turkeys love em.... :z-flirtysmile3:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

highcottton

boatpaddle do you have any soundfiles of any of your calls?

letinmfly

I ran one of Cody's Drop Dead series glass calls this year at the Eastern Sportsman show.  I have to say I was very impressed with the sound of these calls.  One of the best sounding glass calls I've heard.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

captin_hook

I just traded for a Cody woodsman glass yesterday. Man does it sound good.

WildTigerTrout

I have a number of Cody pot calls, The "Envy" in both glass and slate, the "Cody II" in glass and slate and the "Woodsman" also in glass and slate. They all sound good but my favorites are the "Woodsman" in slate and the "Envy" in glass. They make a great call no doubt about it. You cannot go wrong buying any of them.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

boatpaddle

The LEGEND is another awesome of the Cody collection...

Expensive, but how do ya put a price on a call, that just flat out works..???
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

BowBendr

Quote from: JBIRD22 on May 19, 2014, 03:32:33 PM
I have a Cody "Envy" glass/Walnut pot that I bought from WalMart (of all places...lol) yeeears ago and it stays in my vest at all times. I've killed more birds with it than all of my other pot calls put together

I think I paid about $12 for my Envy at walmart on a clearance aisle about 10 years ago. Still the best sounding glass call I own.

Jbird22

Quote from: BowBendr on May 24, 2014, 09:34:37 AM
Quote from: JBIRD22 on May 19, 2014, 03:32:33 PM
I have a Cody "Envy" glass/Walnut pot that I bought from WalMart (of all places...lol) yeeears ago and it stays in my vest at all times. I've killed more birds with it than all of my other pot calls put together

I think I paid about $12 for my Envy at walmart on a clearance aisle about 10 years ago. Still the best sounding glass call I own.
I have a few that "sound better" but I don't have another one that has killed half as many as it has. I think I paid around $25 for mine. I remember it being the first wood pot call I bought. I wish I had an Envy slate as well just to have a matching pair.