OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

barrel threading for chokes

Started by stringtalker, May 17, 2014, 02:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtalker

hey guys just needing some info. I have a older H&R 20 gauge single shot that i was going to have threaded for chokes, but william at sum-toy said he could only thread the barrel to tru-choke thread pattern, I guess because the barrel is to thin for other thread patterns. I was wanting rem choke thread patterns because of more availability of chokes out in the market place. Has anyone had there barrel threaded to tru-choke threads and are there chokes ready available. Are all of there chokes thin walled and has anyone had any problems out of them, thanks.
Douglas

jordanz7935

I believe that sumtoy only does tru-choke in the 20 ga because that is the only tooling he has for a 20 ga. Yes there are plenty of chokes for tru-choke in 20 ga. Carlsons, trulock, colonial arms, and  remington even made them @ 1 time. And i believe kicks,indian creek,pure gold,and sumtoy will make turkey chokes in that thread style. Hard to beat sumtoy's price for that service but do a search on Mike Orlean. He offers that service in tru-choke,rem choke,and invector style in 20 ga. All depends on outer diameter of the muzzle end of your barrel. I'm in the middle of a 20 ga build myself so iv'e done plenty of research on the subject. IMO send it to sumtoy and get one of his chokes with it and you will have 1 mean 20 ga.

deadbuck

I have a 10 ga single barrel at Mike Orlen's place getting threaded right now, TruChoke was the only available choice in 10 ga. He does show invector and TruChoke available in 20 ga on his website. I would go with Invector for choke availability. He charges $55 for the threading, the 2 way shipping is $40