OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Youth Success - Small Story

Started by Sampsta, May 11, 2014, 09:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sampsta

I started taking my son out at 10 and the first year he got busted by other  hunters...last year he got of a couple shots  and missed...This year I had hoped would be the year.

Were 2 weeks into the season here in MA and I have been focused on him this season he has been real hungry to get one. We were running and gunning a few of our usual spots had some action early then not much(Last week had more calls but birds were still with hens)

Finally this week they seemed to be breaking away. So now were down to 11:35 AM(25 mns to go) we hit one of the spots we were at in the AM...made a couple calls and bam fired right back.

We got setup quick...he came in....I called again...he came closer...one more call...he was in range of my sons gun...He went behind a huge pine and I shifted my son a tad for a better shot...as soon as he peeks his head out of the tree...drop him...

So he came out from the tree..."Drop him" bam....He didn't make the absolute best shot..I had him put one more in so it wouldn't suffer....All in all he was in awe....I've been telling him over the years his hard work will pay off and yesterday was one of those days....

21.5 Lbs 9" Beard 1 1/8 Spurs

captin_hook

tomstopper

Awesome. Great bird for a young fella. Congrats to you both.....

cwhite

Awesome story, can't wait to get my son started turkey hunting. Beautiful bird too

ncturkey

Congrats to the proud father and son.

WiLL B

bigdoc

WTG    Good pic and way to hang in there.

DirtNap647

congrats to him that's awesome  :icon_thumright:

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

trackerbucky

Congrats.  Great job by both of you!!
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Bigspurs68

I bet you are both relieved and happy. Congrats!
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

boomer

troutfisher13111

Congrats! I recently went through it with my son, it's an amazing feeling.

Sampsta

Thanks everyone a memory that will last a lifetime

beagler

Never Misses