OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mekayla got mom a longbeard for Mother's Day.

Started by Bigspurs68, May 11, 2014, 11:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigspurs68

Mekayla had one tag left in Ohio and was dead set on a stubborn old public land bird. We hunted him for 6 days and had him at 15 yds once but she couldn't see enough of him for a shot. Last night she asked her mom what she wanted for Mother's Day and mom told her to go kill a turkey and that would be a wonderful gift. This morning we got on that old bird and another that was with him. He led us on a hunt that we won't soon forget! I have no idea how many times we moved on those birds but it was nonstop for 2 hours. Set up, figure out which way he was headed, move again. Trying again and again to get ahead of him in a place he wanted to go. Finally we ended up in a good place and in a few minutes, we could hear him drum just over the ridge. The first bird to show was his sidekick. That bird popped up in range and locked up. Mekayla was on him but I told her to wait because the old man was just out of sight. After a long stare down I told Mekayla that if she would be happy with the walker, to kill him. She responded by pulling the trigger.
  Mekayla turned 12 this spring and this was her 15th longbeard. He was a 2 yr old with a 10 1/8" beard and weighed 18.4. Not the limbhanger she was after but a great hunt on Mother's Day! I'm very proud of both my little girls. They are turkey huntin machines. It's great to be there and share it with them.

Sent somehow
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

tomstopper

budtripp

:you_rock: very nice! I look forward to taking my boy out in a few years.

eddie234

Very nice! Congrats

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

noggin buster

Crockrj

Congrats! Thanks for sharing and awesome photo.

Selluwud

5/4ths of people don't understand fractions

mastevt

sounds like you guys had a great hunt!  congrats to the both of you!!

captin_hook

Awesome! That bird looks huge next to your daughter! Congrats

alloutdoors

owlhoot

WillH

Chuck1443

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!