turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Versa Max

Started by Deputy 14, May 10, 2014, 10:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Who's shooting one as a dedicated turkey gun? If so, how do you like it overall, and tell me about chokes, numbers, etc?

Deputy 14

Ok, has anyone hunted ducks, sky carp, squirrels, anything with one?

fallsflight

It's a great gun.  I have two.  I only use it for Waterfowl hunting from Sept through Jan.  I use my  dedicated turkey gun (870) for turkeys, otherwise I would use the VM.  Check out the following link.  It will keep you busy for hours.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=244957

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Deputy 14

Thanks a bunch man.  :icon_thumright:

ChiefBubba

I used mine this year for Turkeys. I killed one with it but wasn't happy with the patterns. I was using the Hevi Shot mid range waterfowl choke because while using it for ducks that set up was a killer. Only difference was the shells. For turkeys I was using Hevishot #7's. I'm going to keep checking and will let you know. Chief

SumToy

I would run a SK and LM for waterfowl.  665 for turkey.   :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Deputy 14

Thanks again fellas. If I pick one up I'll be getting in touch with you about a choke Sumtoy.

Old Gobbler

I like mine -- me and a buddy at his secret spot
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

forcercon1

I have used my Versa Max for Dove, Duck, Goose, Turkey & Squirrel hunting with great results. The factory chokes have worked well for Dove, Duck, Goose & squirrel hunting. The Turkey choke that comes with the gun provides a sufficient pattern, but I got great results with a .667 choke from William @ Sumtoy. 

KansasCowboy

I think Remington just came out with a turkey specific versa max this year if im not mistaken. Its suppose to have special features based on being a better turkey gun. I saw something on one of the shows about it on tv

Deputy 14

Quote from: KansasCowboy on May 12, 2014, 10:15:24 PM
I think Remington just came out with a turkey specific versa max this year if im not mistaken. Its suppose to have special features based on being a better turkey gun. I saw something on one of the shows about it on tv

I'll find out. Heading to the factory in the morning.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

WV Ridge Reaper

Factory ?? Take pics !!!

Deputy 14

There will be pics for sure. Hopefully a video if they'll allow it, I'll be there for four days. Should get some good info.

nickp

My brother gets some pretty nasty patterns with the turkey choke that came with his and Winchester Longbeard 5's.  Around 180 in the 10" at 40 if I remember right. 

mudhen

Enough reports of breakage to keep me from buying one....

But the users are hardcore duckers, and they tend to break guns of any brand, so maybe the VM could last a lifetime for someone who takes good care of their guns?

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka