OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Missouri Season 2014

Started by WiLL B, May 09, 2014, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiLL B

Me and my buddy had a really good hunt in Missouri again this year. We tagged out with some really good ones. 10.5 to 11.5 in. beards and 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 in. spurs. Missouri has the best beards of anywhere I have hunted. We started out in North MO and ended up in South. We killed gobblers in 3 different WMAs in 3 different counties. I guess that's why I just keep going back! Here are some pictures.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TxLongspur

Congrats .... Love Missouri too

budtripp

:icon_thumright: I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else.

DirtNap647

mastevt

Sweet!  Nice birds!  Congrats on the hunts!

WillH

Gooserbat

Congrats, Missouri is certainly a turkey hunters kinda place.  I hear a lot of folks gripe about only being able to kill one bird the first week, or hunt till 1:00 or, one bird per day but you have to admit they are doing something right because Missouri is still one of the go to places to hunt.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WiLL B

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 10, 2014, 10:27:19 AM
Congrats, Missouri is certainly a turkey hunters kinda place.  I hear a lot of folks gripe about only being able to kill one bird the first week, or hunt till 1:00 or, one bird per day but you have to admit they are doing something right because Missouri is still one of the go to places to hunt.
They are doing something right because it's been great hunting for a long time now. If there is a better state to go to I wish somebody would tell me where it is! I like hunting those thick bearded big old hard gobbling turkeys in MO!

stinkpickle

If they can string together a couple more good hatches, Missouri will return to the good-ol'-days.  I still don't like the 1:00PM cutoff, though.   ;)

Rokhal07

captin_hook

budtripp

Quote from: stinkpickle on May 10, 2014, 07:51:26 PM
If they can string together a couple more good hatches, Missouri will return to the good-ol'-days.  I still don't like the 1:00PM cutoff, though.   ;)

I remember the good ol days. That's when I first started turkey hunting.  :drool:  I miss having to decide which of the dozen gobblers I was hearing I wanted to set up on.

ltprod

QuoteCongrats, Missouri is certainly a turkey hunters kinda place.  I hear a lot of folks gripe about only being able to kill one bird the first week, or hunt till 1:00 or, one bird per day but you have to admit they are doing something right because Missouri is still one of the go to places to hunt.

They are doing something right because it's been great hunting for a long time now. If there is a better state to go to I wish somebody would tell me where it is! I like hunting those thick bearded big old hard gobbling turkeys in MO!
+100!!!!

surehuntsalot

some good looking birds.....congrats
it's not the harvest,it's the chase