OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Funky Chicken got whooped!

Started by sixbird, May 09, 2014, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

O.k....So here's a way to get your funky chicken and a NWTF membership. You get an NWTF membership for $35  (link below). They'll give you a $25 gift card to Bass Pro. Put that $25 gift card and $5 together and you have a "chicken" and an NWTF membership...Go get 'em boys!!!

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=5493402&sdop=1&sdpid=54752350&sdfid=30&lno=1&trd=http+www+outdoordeal+wbr+hound+c&u2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outdoordealhound.com%2Fp-1044-nwtf-annual-membership.aspx%23.UKLQxc1pfSY

surehuntsalot

you just never know what might work for you
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mikejd

The chickens not so bad but I wouldn't buy one because waddells on the box.

sixbird

I'd buy one if Barack Obamas' face was on one side and Harry Reids' face was on another and Nancy Pelosis' face was on the third...As long as I didn't have to take them hunting with me!
Why would you let who endorses it limit your enjoyment...I thought everybody learned early on the "cut off your nose principle"...  :popcorn:

sixbird

Just an update on the "chicken."
Used him again this year and he worked great. Longbeards and jakes treated him rough. Not as rough as last year but they were aggressive toward the little feller.
This year, hens were the ones! A few opened a can on my DSD hen!

TRG3

I sometimes carry the Funky Chicken in my decoy sac rather than Pretty Boy because it's a lighter weight decoy. Last year, I had a hen, jake, and mature gobbler come in to the Funky Chicken and the jake really beat up on him while the mature bird watched...until a load of #5 shot took the two year old.

kyturkeyhunter4

:funnyturkey: The funky Chicken might work but his not for me. I couldn't imagine carrying that around in my turkey vest.  :TooFunny:

sixbird

He's a goofy little fella but if he works, Tiny Tim will be with me...   :newmascot:

870-Wingmaster

My BIL gave me one of these chickens but hadn't used it until this past Saturday morning.   i rarely use decoys as i primarily hunt in the woods.  Was in Kansas this past week and was hunting a corn field where the birds were frequently strutting.  Got in before daylight and set up an old she mobile and the chicken.  before sunrise, a hen flew down into the dekes and fed off.  Right around 6:30 and nice bird took a dirt nap strutting into the setup,  22lbs, 11" beard, 1 1/4" spurs

Bearhunter247

This is my first post here but I'm in the game to fool turkeys. I bout one of these when they first came out and use a decoy very little but I love the funky chicken. Called up a bird for myself my sister and my girlfriend this year with it an all three birds tried to whoop up on him. No complaints here

TRG3

I've got a Funky Chicken and it does work. After making a tom decoy out of a black five-gallon bucket by attaching a fan, wings, and a 2x4 painted head and taking a couple of gobblers, I've come to the conclusion that any decoy that's turkey-like will bring in a gobbler in some situations. To me, trying various approaches to fooling a gobbler is one of the things that makes turkey hunting exciting and challenging!

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 13, 2014, 12:41:29 PM
I would never be able to get myself to stand in a check out line at cabelas with one of these, lol.
Lol!  :TooFunny:

Quote from: TRG3 on May 20, 2015, 02:43:42 PM
I've got a Funky Chicken and it does work. After making a tom decoy out of a black five-gallon bucket by attaching a fan, wings, and a 2x4 painted head and taking a couple of gobblers, I've come to the conclusion that any decoy that's turkey-like will bring in a gobbler in some situations. To me, trying various approaches to fooling a gobbler is one of the things that makes turkey hunting exciting and challenging!

^ I would like to see that Tom deek of the 5 galon pale. That sounds like a great idea.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Onpoint

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on May 16, 2015, 09:33:11 AM
:funnyturkey: The funky Chicken might work but his not for me. I couldn't imagine carrying that around in my turkey vest.  :TooFunny:
Lol this reminded me of a hunt from last year. My uncle and I do not get along. In fact we hate each other. My wife had already killed a 1.75" bird that mornin and we headed out to get me one. I heard my uncle approaching using his flex tone thing that he blows into to yelp. I gave my best attempt at a gobble on my mouth call and god he went crazy with the calling.. i just stood there and never made another sound.  Wasn't 5 minutes and him being the impatient and "unsuccessful" hunter he is here he comes walking up with that funky chicken poking out the back his vest. it looked like a parrot sitting on his shoulder. He scanned the area with binos and then put thar goofy call to his lips and huffed on it so hard I thought his head was.explode.. i couldn't help but laugh and then give him another gobble when he looked my way. he just stood there, my wife picked up her bird and continued on with our hunt.

I can't see a funky chicken anywhere without reliving that morning.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

sixbird

Quote from: warrent423 on May 25, 2015, 07:00:39 PM
I personally couldn't even acknowledge someone that would use something so stupid. Doesn't surprise me what works on "pet" turkeys. To each their own though.

I'm trying to hold my tongue here...You wouldn't acknowledge someone who uses what YOU think is something stupid? That, to me, is stupidity personified. Here in N.J., turkeys are as educated as anywhere ,save maybe Georgia. They've been chased, called at and seen every sort of decoy made...Funky Chicken works on them...Not forcing you to use one...Guess maybe I should take the tac that if you're closed minded enough to not even "acknowledge", I should just shut up and leave you to your prejudices...