News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

30 pounderd baby!!

Started by bowmike, May 09, 2014, 08:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmike

Well this hunt was 5,000% luck.

I decided last night to scout/hunt a different area. The birds I have been after have been very quiet. I parked and walked down to a tram road. There are some pines down there that go out to an old abandon strip mine. I went to the split in the tram and stood there. Nature called and I took care of business.

I went to grab my gun and take the right path and heard either a guy or a barred owl calling. I decided rather than encroach on someone I would go straight on the tram. I walked up the tram and heard what sounded like very quite and soft alarm putts. I crouch on the tram and did 4 soft tree yelps.

I instantly hear leaves start crunching and something barreling towards me. Man that is one horned up gobbler running in. It was only 5:50 and the pines made it pretty dark. I was wide out in the open crouched on the tram and then I catch movement at about 40 yards. HOLY CRAP ITS A COYOTE I say in my head. I get turned a bit and watch her closing the distance. She went behind a tree and I brought up the 870. She stepped out and I put the scope on her heart.

BOOOM! fire goes out the barrel and the #6 Hevi-shot dumps her at 25 yards. She yelp and was down instantly.

YEEESSSS WWOOOOO!!!! I SCREAM!

I walked up to her and said a prayer of thanks as the number 3 on my bucket list was completed.

Here is how I found her. I carried her up to the woods and took a few more pics.

Here she is out by the windmills that I parked by.

Had to REP HPA for this one :)

I drove down to my dads house and came in and said,

"Come check this out"

"You got one?"

"Just check this out"

"Awesome man!"

We exchanged a fist pound and I was off for home.

I went home and my wife was just about to jump in the shower.

"Come look at what I got"

"Oh boy" she says

She comes up to the kitchen window and looks out.

"Where in the heck did you get that thing, Not behind the house I hope"

She went in to get a shower and I let Lilly see the dog. She was not a fan.

She came out and took a few pics for me while Corbin was up in his crib just waking up. I decided not to take him out to see it. It had quite a few ticks on it and I wasn't risking it.

I feel very blessed to luck out on this trophy. It was almost as if I was being guided right to her. Hey I'll take lucky over good some times.

darn2ten

Congrats on your yote. I've killed quite a few over the years while turkey hunting. Four years ago I called one in that I spotted by squealing on a mouth call. I shot it at 12 yds, as soon as I did I caught movement to my right as another one was coming in and that one died at 18 yds. I can't stand those things, kill'em all!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

Snoodsniper

Congrats. I love killin those damn things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

Another turkey eater bites the dust!  :icon_thumright:

WillH

COssman14

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

beagler

Never Misses

tomstopper

ILIKEHEVI-13

You had me going there at first.  Great job. 

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mikejd

You had me at 30lbder. Maybe you saved a few 30lbders lives.

Nice kill.

dfresh55

killem all! lol i hate them things not good for deer or turkey populations!