turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Indiana season was slower then usual

Started by Indiana Bushwacker, May 08, 2014, 04:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indiana Bushwacker

Well my season started off bad I was sent out of town for a few weeks for work and got back the day before season began. My little 2yr old boy has been my shadow since I got back so I got to hunt the 3rd day of season had a hen a gobbler pitch out to the field he only gobbled once but left the hen and came on a string but would only go into half strut and never really did much had him at 37 yards but passed cause i enjoy the show more then the kill. Didnt get back out for over a week and got to finally go on a Sunday morning didnt see or hear anything but ended quickly with a phone call and the young little guy crying for me to come home. Finally got him to let his mom take him to daycare on Tuesday instead of me it started off slow with a weak gobble to the south but waited until after fly down to see what would happen. Decided to make a move to the north and got about 200 yards from the property line and got one to fire off but sounded a long ways away. Went another 150 yards and got him to fire off again and I knew where he was and there was another onr fired off a little furthur away. Decided to see if I could call him onto my property but he had to come a few hundred yards. He was gobbleing his head off then got quiet waited about 10 minutes and hit him again he fired off and was getting closer after another 10 minutes i heard him fire off and new he was on the property. Then I seen the white head coming through the brush at about 75 yards I let him get to about 50 yards and got him fired up to watch the show. When he hit about 30 yards I let the winchester long beard bark and down he went as I was squeezing the trigger I could feel my phone vibrating and it was my little guy on the phone with his mom asking if I got one so I could come home.

I cant wait until the little guy is old enough to be my shadow in the woods

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase