turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

very discouraged

Started by dawgfrombama, March 17, 2011, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

Hang tuff, a friend of mine spent 2 days on 4000 acres and didn't hear a gobble. went back today and killed one at noon
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

TrophyTracker

Bama birds are some of the nastiest birds out there. Just getting up early everyday and taking the fight to them shows your grit. It is a long season and a straight up street fight. When you are sitting there feeling down and out remember my motto "You gotta Grind if you want to Shine". Every beating you take makes you tougher. Give it some time and the woods will light up.

Good luck,Grind hard and hunt like a Beast  :character0029:
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

BrowningGuy88

Well he started this morning. I have been hunting everyday since season came Tuesday and hunted the youth hunt this weekend with a youth.

Had only heard a couple of birds gobble 3 or 4 times each. Had to work today --- no getting out of it. Grandfather called and said one we heard Tuesday gobbled over 300 times before noon. He said he just went to listen, not hunt and the next thing he knew he looked at his watch and it was 12:05. Been sitting on the tail gate of the truck since daylight listening to that turkey gobble. That is truly enjoying the outdoors. Well we made plans --- gonna get the baby sister her first bird in the morning I hope!

Daman

guesswho

Good luck, and stay after him!  It will all come together :icon_thumright:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

schuylkillspur

Hang in there partner. just think you could be up here in the north and still have to wait another 6 weeks to hunt.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

Chester

April is a better time to chase those longbeards here in the Yellowhammer State.

hookedspur

Quote from: dawgfrombama on March 17, 2011, 09:26:38 AM
I have been hunting everyday since the season opened on Tues. and have not heard 1 gobble.  I had an encounter with 5 hens yesterday but not a longbeard to be seen or heard.  I guess the only good thing about this is that other hunters in my area are not hearing and gobbling much either.
I kinda feel bad for you but I know if you hang in there and huntem hard it will turn out ok, but I cant hunt for over a month yet  :lol: so keep us updated  :anim_25:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

lmbhngr

I can`t even see grass yet!!

archery1

my dad says they are just starting up in alabama..  i live in pa so we have some jealous time to wait up here
good luck it will fall into place soon for you
Take a kid hunting